Sponsorship and Medical for my husband | ExpatWoman.com

Sponsorship and Medical for my husband

Latest post on 17 August 2015 - 23:18

Hello! I'm relocating to Abu Dhabi from the USA with my husband in three months. We are moving for my job. I understand I can't sponsor his visa and therefore his insurance given UAE rules. We aren't set on him getting a full time job so it's possible he won't have an employer to sponsor his visa. Is it common to repeatedly do a 30 day (plus 30 day extension) tourist visa for him? Are there any health insurance options for him?

I'll be working for a large global company so I find it hard to believe that my company can't work out something to sponsor his visa.

If any of you ladies are working and your husband isn't, please let me know what you've done. I'd really appreciate any insight. Also, if any of you own your own business I have lots of other questions on my husband's behalf. :)

Thank you!

UPDATE: I spoke with the Abu Dhabi Government. I am able to apply for a [b]Non-employment Residency Permit Issuance for Individuals Sponsored by an Expatriate[/b]. This looks to be our solution (I hope) until we decide what he is going to do permanently. Also, from what I've read the 30 day extension for the tourist visa isn't agreeable as a long term solution and paying the monthly 30 day tourist visa fee plus the monthly in/out flight is cost prohibitive.

Latest post on 15 October 2015 - 22:49
A colleague was able to get sponsorship for her husband. I plan to follow the same process. I've provided the steps she took below. Hope this helps! The steps which I followed were: • You need to have all your documents in place - colour passport copies of urself and your husband - your residence visa colour copy - passport size photos of both - UAE attested tenancy contract - UAE Water and Electricity ADDC 1st deposit bill - UAE bank statement - Attested Marriage certificate - Not sure if I have missed something • Once you have all these docuements in hand, you would be required to go to a typing centre where they would type in the application form for your husband visa in Arabic. The typing centres are usually close by the immigration office. • This would be then handed over at the immigration office • In Dubai, when we submit the application for the husband, the application went to the “Humanitarian centre” to understand why a lady wants to sponsor her husband. You would need to give a very valid reason for this. For me, the reason I gave was , because I moved here, and I don’t have any family, my husband moves with me. And he would be looking for a job here.
Latest post on 07 October 2015 - 13:17
Hi there, even though this may be a little more complicated option he could always register a Freezone company where he can get a 3 years residency visa. Upon expiring this can be renewed. This would of course only make sense if you would like to conduct some sort of business. The prices are approx. 25.000 AED for this so it's not as cheap however a great option to obtain a residency Visa. I own a business by the way and you are welcome to contact me for further questions on this. Please PM me and I will forward my personal details to you.
Latest post on 07 October 2015 - 04:49
Hi there Did you find a solution to the visa issue. I am currently in the same boat and was wondering if you have any more information on sponsorship
Latest post on 18 August 2015 - 11:00
Hello! I'm relocating to Abu Dhabi from the USA with my husband in three months. We are moving for my job. I understand I can't sponsor his visa and therefore his insurance given UAE rules. We aren't set on him getting a full time job so it's possible he won't have an employer to sponsor his visa. Is it common to repeatedly do a 30 day (plus 30 day extension) tourist visa for him? Are there any health insurance options for him? I'll be working for a large global company so I find it hard to believe that my company can't work out something to sponsor his visa. If any of you ladies are working and your husband isn't, please let me know what you've done. I'd really appreciate any insight. Also, if any of you own your own business I have lots of other questions on my husband's behalf. :) Thank you! He can do visa runs every 30 days toHatta- Oman however I think if he went to immigration in Abu Dhabi they would only allow one extension which is more expensive that going to immigrationand then he would have to do visa runs.