Car Rental | ExpatWoman.com

Car Rental

Latest post on 01 September 2015 - 23:16
Many thanks I have my international drivers permit so can drive for up to 6 months. My RP is in process so once I have this I will apply for the Qatari drivers license. Thanks for the recommended car rentals
Latest post on 20 August 2015 - 05:02
Generally, they say you can drive 7 days on your home license and up to 6 months with an international driver's license. Once you get an RP, you must have a Qatari license to drive. When I moved here, it was possible to get a temporary Qatari license while your RP is in process that is then converted to a permanent license once the RP is done. I'm not sure if that's still possible. I have used Strong a lot. They're easy to work with. I also have used Al Muftah and Mustafawi. Not sure who is the cheapest. That said I've never had a real issue to test the customer service.
Latest post on 19 August 2015 - 23:56
You will not be allowed to drive a rental longer than 7 days (possibly 10, I'm not sure) using your current license. You cannot get a Qatari license until you have your RP. From what I understand, you [i'>may[/i'> be able to rent for a longer period with the use of an international driving license. Be sure you confirm this with someone who KNOWS - the PRO at your or your husband's employer will be able to provide correct information. You don't want to be caught out as driving illegally (and therefore uninsured) and having an accident. If you are familiar with traffic/driving habits here, you will be doubly sure you don't want any legal/insurance issues. Do not take the local car rental agents' opinions, they're worth nothing should you have a problem
Latest post on 19 August 2015 - 21:22
Hello I am a 29 year old female, married with no children, from the UK. I will be moving out to Doha on 30th August and was wondering if someone can please recommend a car rental company. I have viewed some companies online but was hoping for a personal recommendation. I will not be buying a car until my husband comes over in October Many thanks for your help