Fiest time school shoes - confused, which one to buy | ExpatWoman.com

Fiest time school shoes - confused, which one to buy

Latest post on 20 August 2015 - 15:25

Hi all, I had been looking around for past few days to pick up 1st pair of school shoe for my son, liked a pair in M&S but it was a bit heavy, then checked couple of shoes at Clarks, liked one but then it has 1 star reviews on clarks website and now back to square one so asking for your opinions as to which one to buy that is comfortable and durable. Am going to check Pablosky this weekend and also start rite but not sure who is selling start rite here in Dubai. Thanks

Latest post on 22 August 2015 - 18:38
Hi, thank you all, I'll go today and check the stores / brands you mentioned. He had been wearing StrideRite and found them comfortable. Want to visit Pablosky and Buckle Up also. Notnewintown, any idea when was the sale last year at Pablosky? Will check Oasis Center stores but going to MOE and finding a parking on Saturdays is really frustrating so may be visit there in week days. I'm not sure about last year, but they had a sale on during last Ramadan. And it was a good one.
Latest post on 22 August 2015 - 18:11
Hi had anyone tried school shoes for toddlers from Marks?
Latest post on 22 August 2015 - 13:56
Hi, thank you all, I'll go today and check the stores / brands you mentioned. He had been wearing StrideRite and found them comfortable. Want to visit Pablosky and Buckle Up also. Notnewintown, any idea when was the sale last year at Pablosky? Will check Oasis Center stores but going to MOE and finding a parking on Saturdays is really frustrating so may be visit there in week days.
Latest post on 21 August 2015 - 10:24
My kids have always worn StrideRite (ages 1-8, so far!) - I consider it the best US brand of kids' shoes, by far! They're very comfortable and NEVER wear out, people reuse them for multiple kids and gift them when done with them. Here's the Dubai location - I just called to check availability of black uniform shoes for my kids, and they said they have the StrideRite Regan and Marina for girls, and a few styles for boys, all under 200dh (I think one was 120, one was 170...): Al Ghurair Centre New Extension, Al Rigga Road, Dubai 04 2595404
Latest post on 20 August 2015 - 22:50
Sketchers have all black shoes (I saw at modell's sports shop) they were nice and light weight. 200 Dhs a pair.
Latest post on 20 August 2015 - 20:23
I saw some Startrite school shoes in Shoe Mart in Oasis centre yesterday. Don't know if they have them in the other Shoe Mart branches though. I have tried Startrite, the sole came off after a month ?
Latest post on 20 August 2015 - 20:15
I vouch for Pablosky. Picked up a new pair for the new school year during the last sale.
Latest post on 20 August 2015 - 19:25
I saw some Startrite school shoes in Shoe Mart in Oasis centre yesterday. Don't know if they have them in the other Shoe Mart branches though.
Latest post on 20 August 2015 - 16:35
try shoeciti and shoemart in Mall of the Emirates... saw some lightweight shoes there for school and it's easy on the wallet too... especially for lil kids they tend to outgrow their shoes so soon
Latest post on 20 August 2015 - 15:47
Thanks, I will check Ecco too though 400 is a bit high I think.
Latest post on 20 August 2015 - 15:34
Ecco is really good and really expensive too, if price isn't important. My kids love them, but they cost approximately 400 dhs a pair ???

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY