JBR Apartments - which tower? | ExpatWoman.com

JBR Apartments - which tower?

Latest post on 21 August 2015 - 11:24

Hi all,
We will be moving to Dubai in October and have been looking at apartments in JBR. Can someone please recommend the best towers to look at (in terms of facilities/finish/ proximity to amenities etc) and also the ones to stay away from? We are looking at 3 beds up to 210K, and have a 19 month old so a children's playroom would be good. Also I've read that the traffic can be quite bad there - is that at all times or mainly peak times? My husband works shifts so if it's only peak times then we don't need to consider this as a factor...
There seems to be a lot available in Murjan 1& 6 for example which makes me wonder if they're not that nice?
Thanks so much :)

Latest post on 22 August 2015 - 11:11
Appartments finish does look the same but layouts are different. I saw a 2BR in Amwaj which had a completely different layout than mine in Bahar. I would stay away from the buildings too close to Meydan beach club. They sometimes play very loud music late at night. We have been in the same apartment in JBR for eight years and have a big 2 bed. in Amwaj 3 which is totally different to our friends much smaller 2 bed. in the same building. Also I love that our kitchen is totally enclosed, an excellent size and has room for a table and chairs. I think Amwaj is the better end of JBR as there is easy and quick access to S.Z.Road. There are five buildings in the sector and we have a good management company but Amwaj 4 is privately owned and under different management to the other four. Meydan Beach Club is closed at the moment and apparently it has been 'gutted' but don't know if it will re-open as a club again. I have a friend in Bahar and she says the noise from the Hilton is a problem. We are close to two hotels and they do have music but it stops at a reasonable time and when we are indoors we can't really hear it.
Latest post on 22 August 2015 - 00:05
Appartments finish does look the same but layouts are different. I saw a 2BR in Amwaj which had a completely different layout than mine in Bahar. I would stay away from the buildings too close to Meydan beach club. They sometimes play very loud music late at night.
Latest post on 21 August 2015 - 17:34
Yes they are pretty much the same.
Latest post on 21 August 2015 - 17:05
Hi all, We will be moving to Dubai in October and have been looking at apartments in JBR. Can someone please recommend the best towers to look at (in terms of facilities/finish/ proximity to amenities etc) and also the ones to stay away from? We are looking at 3 beds up to 210K, and have a 19 month old so a children's playroom would be good. Also I've read that the traffic can be quite bad there - is that at all times or mainly peak times? My husband works shifts so if it's only peak times then we don't need to consider this as a factor... There seems to be a lot available in Murjan 1& 6 for example which makes me wonder if they're not that nice? Thanks so much :) I believe they are all the same developer so inside they all look the same. A friend lived in Rimal a few years ago but moved as she was home alone one day, heard a huge crash and the tiles in the living room had all lifted as if there was a mole burrowing under them. The traffic on the walk and in front of the building is always busy and gridlocked during peak times due to the tram. I find it very noisy and avoid going to the walk unless its early in the morning or Summer holidays

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY