Fences round private swimming pools | ExpatWoman.com

Fences round private swimming pools

Latest post on 21 August 2015 - 19:42

Am I imagining it, or did I read a post a few days ago saying that all private pools now have to be fenced off?

Please tell me I'm not going mad ;)

Latest post on 23 August 2015 - 11:58
Yes pool fencing critical for safety of children - I heard a very tragic story yesterday about a dog.
Latest post on 23 August 2015 - 11:46
I hope it's true! I've always disliked that the pools here don't have fences. In fact, a friend who wanted to fence her pool was unable to find a safe pool fence to be installed here.
Latest post on 23 August 2015 - 11:37
GE I don't think you've lost your marbles - I read this somewhere too recently, not sure where though. DH thinks I'm going senile in any case, so this could be the icing on the cake if I can't find anything ;)
Latest post on 23 August 2015 - 11:23
GE I don't think you've lost your marbles - I read this somewhere too recently, not sure where though.
Latest post on 23 August 2015 - 10:44
If you have young children I would say a fence around your pool at home is a must as it is so easy for toddlers to wander into the garden. What price their life?? Sorry I know that, it's just common sense and if we needed one for that reason I wouldn't have an issue. I just wanted someone to tell me I hadn't imagined seeing a post about this ;) I think you imagined it and are possibly going mad. You're welcome. Thank you :cry:
Latest post on 23 August 2015 - 10:30
If you have young children I would say a fence around your pool at home is a must as it is so easy for toddlers to wander into the garden. What price their life?? Sorry I know that, it's just common sense and if we needed one for that reason I wouldn't have an issue. I just wanted someone to tell me I hadn't imagined seeing a post about this ;) I think you imagined it and are possibly going mad. You're welcome.
Latest post on 23 August 2015 - 09:19
If you have young children I would say a fence around your pool at home is a must as it is so easy for toddlers to wander into the garden. What price their life?? Sorry I know that, it's just common sense and if we needed one for that reason I wouldn't have an issue. I just wanted someone to tell me I hadn't imagined seeing a post about this ;)
Latest post on 22 August 2015 - 18:58
If you have young children I would say a fence around your pool at home is a must as it is so easy for toddlers to wander into the garden. What price their life??
Latest post on 22 August 2015 - 15:19
I'd like to think you're going mad. Seems ridiculous having to fence off a pool that's in your private garden, if your house already has a fence. As for cats and dogs, they'll probably wiggle their way through or over the fence anyway, so I doubt a fence will prevent them drowning. I'd take my chances if I was you.
Latest post on 22 August 2015 - 15:07
We don't have a problem, if the dogs or cats fall in that's there problem ;) I just have a feeling there was something on here not that log ago saying that it was now becomming law and they were starting with new pools just being put in.
Latest post on 22 August 2015 - 10:54
I don't see why it should be a problem. As long as your pool is in your garden and your garden has a fence then it should be up to you to put another fence around the pool. Not everyone has children who are young and at risk of drowning. And the pool fences actually look ugly and are not practical for families with older children/ adults.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY