Expired Medicines | ExpatWoman.com

Expired Medicines

Latest post on 21 August 2015 - 21:05

I have a bag of expired medicines that I would like to get out of my house. I tried to give them to a pharmacy because that is what we do in our home country. They would not take them as they said they have no way to safely dispose of them. Any ideas where I can take them so they do not end up in a landfill? Thanks.

Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 01:59
What happens if we just chuck our expired/half used medicines in the bin? Medicines that are flushed or poured down the drain can end up polluting our waters, impacting aquatic species, and contaminating our food and water supplies. Medicines chucked in the bin can be retrieved by animals or other people and then abused.
Latest post on 29 August 2015 - 22:25
What happens if we just chuck our expired/half used medicines in the bin?
Latest post on 22 August 2015 - 12:53
Excellent, thanks.
Latest post on 22 August 2015 - 02:22
Thanks! I knew someone here would be able to help! I live near Safa park. Which would be the closest DHA office? I don't think I have ever been to a government health agency. Thanks again. There is a DHA health clinic on Al attar street near safa park, access might be tricky due to road work. Pharmacy inside the clinic should accept the medicine. Call to confirm 04-5021400.
Latest post on 22 August 2015 - 00:28
Thanks! I knew someone here would be able to help! I live near Safa park. Which would be the closest DHA office? I don't think I have ever been to a government health agency. Thanks again.
Latest post on 21 August 2015 - 22:46
This is good to know. Next time I go to the government clinic, I will bring a big bag of medicine.
Latest post on 21 August 2015 - 21:33
DHA pharmacies take them back and dispose off properly. go through this page for information https://www.dha.gov.ae/EN/Media/News/Pages/%E2%80%98Cleanyourmedicinecabinet,%E2%80%99campaignlaunchedbyDubaiHealthAuthority.aspx

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY