Toddler will not sleep in new bed or bedroom - any advice please?! | ExpatWoman.com

Toddler will not sleep in new bed or bedroom - any advice please?!

Latest post on 24 August 2015 - 20:35
Thank you for your responses - I have decided to go ahead with Um Salah's advice and let him fall asleep in our bed and move him to his own until he gets used to things a bit more then at some point introduce him to his own bed at bedtimes once he is more familiar. It is certainly a less stressful option and seems to have worked!! Thanks again
Latest post on 24 August 2015 - 00:15
Good advice Um Salah. I suppose a 2 year old would be too young to lure to bed with cartoon character bed sheets and colourful night lights.
Latest post on 23 August 2015 - 23:09
Big moves are very hard on little ones and can make them feel quite insecure... I personally don't see any wrong or harm in having him fall to sleep in your bed until he adjusts to the new environment. I've done that with my kids in similar circumstances when they were younger and moved them to their own beds after they're deep asleep -- it makes it easier for everyone. Another option could be to transition him out of your bed by putting a mattress for him in your room, so he feels the security of being in your room but at least he's in a separate bed. Just be patient with the process - he needs some time to adjust and won't stay in your room forever :)
Latest post on 23 August 2015 - 21:30
Hi, we moved to AD in April and stayed in a hotel Apartment for 2 months, then we went back home to the UK for 2 months for the Summer and now we are back living in our own apartment which is great. We're having problems with our 2 year old not wanting to sleep in his new bedroom or bed (he was in a cot until now) so we have ended up letting him sleep in our bed which I know is the wrong thing to do ? Just wondered if anyone else has encountered a similar issue and what you did to tackle it please?! I have started a routine which we will stick to every night but he just sits in his room crying his eyes out even if I sit with him. Any help greatly appreciated! Many thanks