Single lady visit visa to Qatar | ExpatWoman.com

Single lady visit visa to Qatar

Latest post on 24 August 2015 - 08:49

Hi there,

I am trying to travel to Qatar for work, and my company there has been attempting to apply for a visa for me.
I've been told that I cannot get a visa and the one reason they gave me is that I am a single lady travelling on my own???

We tried speaking to an agency here and they said that because my occupation on my Dubai residency visa is not an engineer or manager or similar, I cannot get a visa.

Surely there must be a way that I can get a visit visa to Qatar, regardless of my visa status?

Can anyone help?

Latest post on 29 August 2015 - 00:01
we were in Qatar for nearly 3 years, hubby was unable to sponsor me due to whatever issues his company had.. I had to fly out every 60 days.... Qatar can be a very awkward place...
Latest post on 25 August 2015 - 14:27
This is a common problem for those nationalities who don't receive visa on arrival, and especially if you have had your UAE visa for less than 6 months, or it expires in less than 6 months. You can also try applying to the Qatari Consulate here in Dubai by obtaining an invitation letter and some supporting paperwork from your company on both sides.
Latest post on 25 August 2015 - 14:17
Thanks all - as a South African passport holder I am used to having to apply for a visa prior to travel but never have I experienced problems like this to obtain a visa! Holding thumbs I can sort one out through a hotel now....
Latest post on 24 August 2015 - 21:53
Qatar can be difficult to enter - South African Passport holders do not qualify for visas on arrival so everything has to be done before you arrive. This link shows info re GCC residents and it looks like that is occupation based so may not help. http://dohahamadairport.com/airport-guide/at-the-airport/visas-immigration
Latest post on 24 August 2015 - 19:52
Very strange, I wouldn't have thought it would have mattered - especially as it is a GCC country and you hold a UAE residency visa and labour card. Are you sure you need one before you go? Maybe ask on the Qatar Forum Board
Latest post on 24 August 2015 - 14:51
I have traveled several times to Qatar and bought my visa at the airport. I don't have a manager or engineer's visa, but haven't had any issues. Maybe it is a nationality thing? Thanks Marroosh - maybe it is... I'm a South African passport holder.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 24 August 2015 - 10:25
I have traveled several times to Qatar and bought my visa at the airport. I don't have a manager or engineer's visa, but haven't had any issues. Maybe it is a nationality thing?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY