Montessori nurseries dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Montessori nurseries dubai

Latest post on 24 August 2015 - 22:36

I was wondering if anyone can provide feedback on the 2 Montessori nurseries in jumeirah: Littleland nursery & ladybird umm suqeim nursery. Does anyone's kid go to any of these or maybe you have heard something. Thanks

Latest post on 16 November 2015 - 18:30
Emirates Hills Nursery (raffles) Also has a Montessori program. Highly recommend Ms Fatema!
Latest post on 08 October 2015 - 08:40
We just started doing nursery tours for my DS and I researched various Montessori programs in Dubai. From what I know, these schools offer montessori for pre-school: -Gulf Montessori (2yrs+) -Raffles International - South Campus (18 mo+) - they have many campuses but only Springs and South Campus Offer Montessori -Little Land (14 mo+) -Ladybird (unsure of min age - 3 mo+?) -De La Salle Montessori (3 mo+) So far we visited: Raffles South Campus-- felt a bit commercial to me. Also very much like a machine, waiting lists, etc, a bit impersonal. did not visit the springs campus as it would be too far for me. Ladybird was nice (jumeirah branch), but also felt a bit "flashy" - also i was put off when they were talking to me about school placements and what schools they have proudly placed their pre-schoolers in-- they're babies for crying out loud!!! not really what i want my 18 month old to focus on. will say facilities are lovely. Little Land - unassuming, not flashy from the outside, but wow, when you walk in, you feel like you're at home. the kids are friendly, happy, smiling, social, will come up to you and engage in conversation, and everyone looked excited to be there. warm environment, and the headteacher and staff are super qualified and involved. i was so impressed. the downside is that they are EXTREMELY expensive, and also only offer you an option to extend hours to 2pm, which is hard if you're working. all children are cared for by TEACHERS-- there are NO NANNIES! (which i loved) i think we will be enrolling the LO in Little Land because honestly I could not imagine him anywhere else, and could not imagine a more welcoming place that met all our requirements and fit our own personal parenting philosophies. Non-montessori programs, but unique curriculum schools i visited: Kensington Nursery (reggio emillia curriculum)- very good. qualified staff. expensive, but include meals, and accept children from 6 weeks +. facilities are huge and staff are friendly, kids seem happy. saw a toddler class sitting in a room watching a cartoon movie-- didn't like that (don't believe kids that young should be watching tv in school) Inspire Nursery (US Creative Curriculum + One Tribe Philosophy adapted from the United Nations) - accepts babies (not sure of age). This nursery was horrendous IMO. it had received such rave reviews online that i included it on my tour list, but man, what an experience it was. the place was all pomp and no substance. nice facilities, big villa, but there was total chaos inside, kids were crying, and there was NO learning going on. children did not seem happy, engaged, or "inspired". it was basically just packs of children playing. felt like a daycare in a really fancy shell, and not a pre-school. WORD OF ADVICE: as evidenced by my vastly different experience with inspire nursery than what i read online, dont take at face value anything you find on the internet. go and see every single nursery you have a good feeling about (or even an okay feeling about) because you NEVER KNOW. hope i was able to help!! beenie
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 17:48
Sorry no one I know goes to those two nurseries, but my friends son goes to Kids Island Nursery and he seems to enjoy it a lot and always talking about various activities they do. He is also well behaved and has caught on to numbers and letters fast and started writing as well. You can check them out at http://www.kidsislandnursery.com/curriculum/
Latest post on 31 August 2015 - 02:11
Littleland has a fantastic headteacher - Siog. Who is experienced and very qualified and truly passionate about what she does! My little one has had an incredible time with them, and what I liked best is she wanted to go to nursery! Siog is the hands on owner of Little Land. I can't recommend it enough. Fantastic vibe, teachers and set up. Very, very good.
Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 22:57
Thanks everyone. Your feedback was very helpful! :) About Gulf Montessori, I liked their website a lot, but did not know what to do as I am 40 min away. They don't have a bus system and not sure how to resolve this issue if anyone has ideas as I really liked it as we'll. thanks
Latest post on 29 August 2015 - 02:14
Check out Gulf Montessori Nursery.Its a proper Montessori nursery with all montessori materials and qualified teachers.
Latest post on 26 August 2015 - 12:56
Ladybird in Umm Suqeim is fantastic! I can't rate it highly enough. Wonderful experience and fabulous staff. My daughter really thrived there.
Latest post on 25 August 2015 - 08:48
Littleland has a fantastic headteacher - Siog. Who is experienced and very qualified and truly passionate about what she does! My little one has had an incredible time with them, and what I liked best is she wanted to go to nursery!
Latest post on 25 August 2015 - 00:56
Lady bird nursery umm suqeim use to be tiny home nursery when my son use to go there. They renamed in sept 2014 I think. They have been in dubai from many years now and Helen use to run it then and it was a very good experience. My son enjoyed it and learned a lot. They have a good montessori approach paired with some things from EYFS curriculum. When my son was there we did have issue with the teacher leaving in the middle of term and he was merged with another section but that was for the best. As the new one was lovely and very good. I would highly recommend a montessori curriculum , no matter which nursery you choose.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY