Mother taking children for visa run, any issues? | ExpatWoman.com

Mother taking children for visa run, any issues?

Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 21:24
Blue413, we flew into Doha hence credit card method of payment for visa. I haven't driven there so I can't comment
Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 08:37
The visa will be for 30 days and apparently you can continue to do visa runs indefinitely. I've done it with my 2 children 3 times without any issues at all. We hire a driver to take us and the round trip takes 3 hours. I have always paid in cash for the Omani visa by the way. Let me know if you want the telephone number of the driver we have used, he is friendly and a very safe driver who can speak Arabic as well as English.
Latest post on 02 September 2015 - 22:41
Thank you. How long is the visa for? And do you just keep doing visa runs without a problem?
Latest post on 02 September 2015 - 22:36
Oh and I'm Australian too. And no, they didn't ask for any letter from their father. You get a visa on arrival stamped into your passport, there's a fee you have to pay via credit card (no cash).
Latest post on 02 September 2015 - 22:35
I just got back from a visa run to Qatar last week! We flew flydubai Just me and my 3 year old and my 20 month old. They LOVED it, made it easy breezy. We took a flight to Doha (45 minutes). stamped out, took the lift to the second floor (didn't even leave the terminal). Checked in again. Went through immigration. hung out at the airport for a couple of hours (they loved watching the planes and running around) and we had coffee and cakes. Took the flight back and they were in bed by 8pm! Such a fun, day thing to do!
Latest post on 02 September 2015 - 22:23
Hi. How long does this type of visa last for? Is it a tourist visa? And how long/how many times can you extend?
Latest post on 25 August 2015 - 12:43
I don't see any issues so long as the childrens' passports entitle them to an automatic visa upon arrival. I have taken my kids before and had no issues when they were younger. Of course, it would be smart to have the letter ready and make sure you have insurance coverage on the vehicle--although I have yet to be asked about insurance. Just tell all security people "visa run" and you should not have any issues although occasionally they will ask me if this is my daughter.
Latest post on 25 August 2015 - 12:32
Hi, I have an employee with a question and wonder if anyone can help. She's australian and is married but her husband is working abroad and no longer has a visa in dubai, so the kids visas were cancelled. She's moving back in 2 months and she has her own residence visa, and she was wondering if there would be any issue with her taking the kids to oman for a visa run next month? As a mother will she need an NOC from her husband or any potential issues relating to that? thanks in advance for any insight

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY