Anyone know of an organisation who helps families whose spouse may have trouble with the law? | ExpatWoman.com

Anyone know of an organisation who helps families whose spouse may have trouble with the law?

Latest post on 26 August 2015 - 14:16

Company he worked for has made an absconding case against him despite him working his full tenure of 3 years with the. Since they did not renew his visa he resigned and worked off his one month notice period. Even had his exit interview.
With no money coming in they also have a bounced cheque. Consulate is only willing to help the kids but the parents would have to give up rights so they would be wards of the state.
My concern is for his children and mostly his daughter who is severely handicapped, who needs care 24/7.
Any information would be appreciated.

Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 13:34
I'm a lawyer. In my opinion your friend needs to go straight to the Ministry of Labour, with all relevant documents, including resignation letter, copy of employment contract, passport etc. He can make a complaint there. If they have filed an absconding case, then he can prove that he didn't and that the company did that illegally. Hope this helps.
Latest post on 29 August 2015 - 22:13
There are some law firms that give free 30 minute consultations. Sorry I can't remember which ones. Probably best to ask a lawyer what the options are. How come they didn't renew his visa before he resigned? Is he searching for another job?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY