Full Coverage Foundation | ExpatWoman.com

Full Coverage Foundation

Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 09:55
Hello Ladies, Was hoping you can give me some suggestions. I'm looking for good full coverage foundation that's not cakey on the face. If that's possible! What brand do you use that you can recommend? Don't mind spending a bit, but not an arm and a leg. Using a BB cream now but feel I've not been matched properly as I cover so the lady obviously could not see my neck. TIA! I love benefit oxygen foundation, lots of my friend use it. Its super light and the coverage is amazing. And, its not expensive. Not sure how dark or light you are but I use champagne colour, I am quite fair but when I have a tan I put bronzer over it. You must always blend you makeup with bronzer especially onlong the jaw line and neck ;-) I've read about that foundation and I'm quite curious. Must do a trip to Sephors, though some youtube beauty channels also recommend some drugstore foundations like Revlpn Colourstay. But a lot of them don't live in our climate! As for colour, I am in the porcelain/ivory department and I don't really bronze. Don't mind being pasty white lol.
Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 08:01
Hello Ladies, Was hoping you can give me some suggestions. I'm looking for good full coverage foundation that's not cakey on the face. If that's possible! What brand do you use that you can recommend? Don't mind spending a bit, but not an arm and a leg. Using a BB cream now but feel I've not been matched properly as I cover so the lady obviously could not see my neck. TIA! I love benefit oxygen foundation, lots of my friend use it. Its super light and the coverage is amazing. And, its not expensive. Not sure how dark or light you are but I use champagne colour, I am quite fair but when I have a tan I put bronzer over it. You must always blend you makeup with bronzer especially onlong the jaw line and neck ;-)
Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 01:34
Mac is good But not for everyday use. People say it causes spots and blemishes. The mineral one isn't so heavy but the other ones they have get cakey and melt in the heat. I like to use dior (liquid foundation with loose powder on top) unfortunately it comes in a very small container and only lasts me two weeks. So I also buy maybelline or L'Oréal true match powder. Under it I use tinted sun protection. I have to change the colour a few times a year as I get darker and lighter each season. The sales ladies are not always helpful, sometimes they recommend colours clearly too dark or orange tinted for me. I had no trouble like spots and blemishes with a Mac foundation so far but can't say for other people. If you are going to be outdoor with a foundation in this weather it's best to use a primer underneath (I use radiance primer by MAC). makes a huge difference. Prevents that dreaded melting effect.
Latest post on 29 August 2015 - 21:52
Mac is good But not for everyday use. People say it causes spots and blemishes. The mineral one isn't so heavy but the other ones they have get cakey and melt in the heat. I like to use dior (liquid foundation with loose powder on top) unfortunately it comes in a very small container and only lasts me two weeks. So I also buy maybelline or L'Oréal true match powder. Under it I use tinted sun protection. I have to change the colour a few times a year as I get darker and lighter each season. The sales ladies are not always helpful, sometimes they recommend colours clearly too dark or orange tinted for me. I agree not for everyday use! It does cause me to break out. But it's yet to melt off my face :lol:
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 29 August 2015 - 21:51
oh, the girls at the counters know squat. so annoying. try it on, ask for a sample to take home and then see how you like it (as a previous poster pointed out) I use MAC and Estee Lauder. I've been using MAC for years now, I only use studio fix powder on its own for everyday use (pretty good coverage, even without the liquid foundation) I use the liquid foundation for special occasions, it's quite thick and has a very nice cover (can't use much as you will get a cakey effect). LOTS of compliments when I have studio fix alone on. super lightweight. Estee Lauder double coverage (I think that's what it's called) is AMAZING. It's thinner than MAC liquid foundation and goes on so nicely and the coverage is amazing. It doesn't give you the cake effect at all. I would recommend the MAC for special occasions and particularly evening wear and Estee Lauder for everyday wear. The girls at Faces in MOE are good though ( only ones I an think of lol) but they can't match foundation properly as I am covered so can't see my neck. It was when I was at my aunt's and was at home uncovered that I noticed. Here usually I slap on my make up, put my hijab on and go, and my make up comes off first time I was for prayers. So never noticed.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 29 August 2015 - 21:47
I don't think it's the wrist LT, it should match the neck. I would never ever be able to find a foundation that comes even close.
Latest post on 29 August 2015 - 21:47
Mac is good But not for everyday use. People say it causes spots and blemishes. The mineral one isn't so heavy but the other ones they have get cakey and melt in the heat. I like to use dior (liquid foundation with loose powder on top) unfortunately it comes in a very small container and only lasts me two weeks. So I also buy maybelline or L'Oréal true match powder. Under it I use tinted sun protection. I have to change the colour a few times a year as I get darker and lighter each season. The sales ladies are not always helpful, sometimes they recommend colours clearly too dark or orange tinted for me.
Latest post on 29 August 2015 - 21:17
Hello Ladies, Was hoping you can give me some suggestions. I'm looking for good full coverage foundation that's not cakey on the face. If that's possible! What brand do you use that you can recommend? Don't mind spending a bit, but not an arm and a leg. Using a BB cream now but feel I've not been matched properly as I cover so the lady obviously could not see my neck. TIA! I always thought that the best way to test foundation was on the inside of ones' wrist? Livelytrish, stand in front of a mirror, now hold the inside of your wrist facing the mirror and compare it with the colour of your face. It's WAY lighter (well, mine is anyway). Especially since we live in ME and have so much sun exposure! I have different foundation shades for summer and winter (darker for the former and lighter for the latter).
Latest post on 29 August 2015 - 21:14
oh, the girls at the counters know squat. so annoying. try it on, ask for a sample to take home and then see how you like it (as a previous poster pointed out) I use MAC and Estee Lauder. I've been using MAC for years now, I only use studio fix powder on its own for everyday use (pretty good coverage, even without the liquid foundation) I use the liquid foundation for special occasions, it's quite thick and has a very nice cover (can't use much as you will get a cakey effect). LOTS of compliments when I have studio fix alone on. super lightweight. Estee Lauder double coverage (I think that's what it's called) is AMAZING. It's thinner than MAC liquid foundation and goes on so nicely and the coverage is amazing. It doesn't give you the cake effect at all. I would recommend the MAC for special occasions and particularly evening wear and Estee Lauder for everyday wear.
Latest post on 29 August 2015 - 20:54
Hello Ladies, Was hoping you can give me some suggestions. I'm looking for good full coverage foundation that's not cakey on the face. If that's possible! What brand do you use that you can recommend? Don't mind spending a bit, but not an arm and a leg. Using a BB cream now but feel I've not been matched properly as I cover so the lady obviously could not see my neck. TIA! I always thought that the best way to test foundation was on the inside of ones' wrist?
Latest post on 29 August 2015 - 20:09
Thanks comp I have combo skin and some break outs so guess I shall try Clinique if it worked for your friend with similar skin type. Interesting what you say about MAC. There was a thread some time ago by a lady who had issues with MAC foundation. I never actually have tried any MAC make up. I think I have seen that thread and definitely not all Mac products are as great as they are hyped to be but their studio fix range have worked for me nicely so far. May be after few years it might not as skin go through changes with age. Yes, do try out clinique and Estée lauder also but never buy on the same day, no matter how perfect it looks on trying.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 29 August 2015 - 19:46
Thanks comp I have combo skin and some break outs so guess I shall try Clinique if it worked for your friend with similar skin type. Interesting what you say about MAC. There was a thread some time ago by a lady who had issues with MAC foundation. I never actually have tried any MAC make up.
Latest post on 29 August 2015 - 18:52
I use studio fix fluid foundation for full coverage but for any Mac foundation I would recommend you don't buy straight away. Let the lady apply it on you and leave it on your skin for 3 or so hours. check in different lights and weather. They tend to change color on skin after some time. For lighter coverage I mix studio fix with my sunblock. For medium coverage I use it on its own..but with fingers and for full coverage i apply it with a brush and with a primer and set it with a powder. So it's quite versatile but depending on your skin type ..it might not work for you. As it didn't, for my friend with oily skin with acne scarring. She prefers the clinique foundation. So try out different ones and try different shades other than the one suggested by the sales ladies. Their color matching have never worked for me.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 29 August 2015 - 18:42
I have tried many foundations but my favorite is still the Giorgio Armani Silk Foundation. If you apply with a brush you can build up the layers and blend to give a fuller coverage. Thanks Sophie, I think that foundation is in the arm and leg category! Heard very good things about it though.
Latest post on 29 August 2015 - 17:15
I have tried many foundations but my favorite is still the Giorgio Armani Silk Foundation. If you apply with a brush you can build up the layers and blend to give a fuller coverage.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 29 August 2015 - 16:26
Thanks Silvsted will have a nosey:) All the while trying to avoid overly eager sales girls who can't tell a mascara from a lipstick!
Latest post on 29 August 2015 - 16:09
Clinique has some good with full cover and so do Mac.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 29 August 2015 - 14:11
Hello Ladies, Was hoping you can give me some suggestions. I'm looking for good full coverage foundation that's not cakey on the face. If that's possible! What brand do you use that you can recommend? Don't mind spending a bit, but not an arm and a leg. Using a BB cream now but feel I've not been matched properly as I cover so the lady obviously could not see my neck. TIA!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY