"20 days for made to order uniforms@ THREADS" any alternative ?? | ExpatWoman.com

"20 days for made to order uniforms@ THREADS" any alternative ??

Latest post on 29 August 2015 - 23:32

Hi moms
Do u know of any good tailor in Jumeira who could stitch uniform trousers for my DS as he is very over weight and Threads doesn't have his size
They have said it takes about 20 days to make custom made uniforms and I can't make him sit for that long at home as he is not fitting in his old pants..
I am in a fix don't know what to do because I requested the school to allow him in home clothes and they said NO
So what should I do now?
Thankyou

Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 23:54
Hi Aish11, You can visit thread and stitches at below address: Shop No 8, Ground Floor, Bin Kalaib Building, Al Barsha 2 or you can contact them on their numbers 050-4260379 | 055-6603410. I am sure they will solve your problem. They can stitch trousers. Hey Thankyou soo much appreciated.... Will check it out
Latest post on 02 September 2015 - 11:10
Hi Aish11, You can visit thread and stitches at below address: Shop No 8, Ground Floor, Bin Kalaib Building, Al Barsha 2 or you can contact them on their numbers 050-4260379 | 055-6603410. I am sure they will solve your problem. They can stitch trousers.
Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 19:40
Hi you could try LCT Uniform in Karama. They have fabric, tailors and can even copy embroidered logos. Google them to get location details. Hey Are they reasonably priced or as expensive as threads.how is their uniform quality?
Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 14:16
Can you ask if he can go in the PE Kit? Our school has just sent an email saying children can do this if they are waiting for uniform. Our school is using threads, Their sizing is awful, The size 14 trousers are the same size as a size 10 skort.
Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 13:22
Hi you could try LCT Uniform in Karama. They have fabric, tailors and can even copy embroidered logos. Google them to get location details.
Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 01:42
Hi moms Do u know of any good tailor in Jumeira who could stitch uniform trousers for my DS as he is very over weight and Threads doesn't have his size They have said it takes about 20 days to make custom made uniforms and I can't make him sit for that long at home as he is not fitting in his old pants.. I am in a fix don't know what to do because I requested the school to allow him in home clothes and they said NO So what should I do now? Thankyou I would say your school is being quite unreasonable. Our school changed uniform last year and some parents had to order custom made uniform for their kids. Those kids came in home clothes for that entire period. They were not made to sit home. if your sons uniform pants are of some generic color like navy blue or grey. You can try debenhams or marks and spencer uniform section for something which is close to the uniform and ask the school if he can wear those while you wait for the custom made ones.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY