Anyone have a Nesspresso Machine? Thoughts? | ExpatWoman.com

Anyone have a Nesspresso Machine? Thoughts?

Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 08:23

Hi all! I am new here and am missing my morning cappuccino. My birthday is next week and I was thinking that I might like a Nesspresso machine for my birthday. I don't know anyone that has one and I was wondering what people thought of them. I would love to hear from anyone about their machines- the good, bad, and the ugly of it. Thanks so much!
:)

Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 10:59
Not a coffee aficionado but, I like my nesspresso. I like how easy it easy to use and has different strengths and flavours. I don't know how easy a bean to cup machine is to use in comparison. Forgot to add I bought it on Dubizzle, it was practically new and half the price. Bean to cup, dead easy to use. Fill with beans, set grind to what you like and away you go. Also no rubbish to get rid of.
Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 10:39
Not a coffee aficionado but, I like my nesspresso. I like how easy it easy to use and has different strengths and flavours. I don't know how easy a bean to cup machine is to use in comparison. Forgot to add I bought it on Dubizzle, it was practically new and half the price.
Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 10:21
Thank you ladies! As for being or not being a real coffee lover that is a hard thing to answer. I do truly love good coffee. I am Italian and adore freshly ground gourmet coffee beans turned into an amazing espresso but my body does not love this. Sadly, I have some very serious auto-immune diseases that won't allow me to enjoy a full bodied coffee or even more than one true coffee a day. Some days I have to go without all together. I do try to have 1 cappuccino a day as a treat to me. It is typically weak by any true standards but to me it is heaven. So please don't poo-poo want some one likes as to them it might just be the best thing ever. It truly is the little things in life that can make such a difference. My weak (but yummy) cappuccino makes me smile each day that I can have it simply because I can have it. Thank you all again for weighing in on this :o) Sorry that you have problems and are unable to enjoy your coffee as you would like to. If it was me in this situation and I do love my "proper" coffee, I would make sure that the one I drank was the best it could be. Try somewhere like Raw Coffee (I think it's called) and see what you think of their bean to cup coffee and the type of beans they use. The other thing that makes good coffee for me is the smell while it is being ground and made. Nothing can beat that, especially first thing :)
Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 10:21
I can't vouch for any of these instant coffee machines because: - how much waste they produce. Yes Nespresso is "recyclable", but only if all the grounds are removed from the cup, and a recycling facility is available for no.7 plastic. Therefore, they don't get recycled. - Nespresso is owned by Nestle.... - The amount of scaling that accumulates inside the pipes inside the machines unknowingly is really unhealthy. Why not get a traditional coffee machine. Then at least you can choose the beans from a reliable source, and have a strength and flavours you prefer.
Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 10:13
Thank you ladies! As for being or not being a real coffee lover that is a hard thing to answer. I do truly love good coffee. I am Italian and adore freshly ground gourmet coffee beans turned into an amazing espresso but my body does not love this. Sadly, I have some very serious auto-immune diseases that won't allow me to enjoy a full bodied coffee or even more than one true coffee a day. Some days I have to go without all together. I do try to have 1 cappuccino a day as a treat to me. It is typically weak by any true standards but to me it is heaven. So please don't poo-poo want some one likes as to them it might just be the best thing ever. It truly is the little things in life that can make such a difference. My weak (but yummy) cappuccino makes me smile each day that I can have it simply because I can have it. Thank you all again for weighing in on this :o)
Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 09:58
Real coffee lovers drink coffee made of freshly ground beans. Nespresso is not proper coffee... Here's an interesting article. http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2013/apr/10/rise-coffee-pod-machines-nespresso
Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 09:49
Sorry I have to disagree on this. Nespresso tastes very weak compared to proper coffee. Try a bean to cup machine, where you can adjust the settings to your own strength and taste the difference. We have a DeLonghi one with a milk frother and it also makes great lattes. Also there is a great make called Severin at Plug Ins which is next on my list if this one ever gives up the ghost. The Nespresso ones have a host of flavours so if u like ur coffee stronger u can just use a different pod! When you buy ur machine they give u starter pack with a lot of different flavours and u just work ur way through them till u find the one that hits ur caffeine quotient! :-) I've tried them all right up to a 10 and just find they taste like slightly stronger dirty dish water and there's no difference in the quality of the beans they use.
Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 09:46
Sorry I have to disagree on this. Nespresso tastes very weak compared to proper coffee. Try a bean to cup machine, where you can adjust the settings to your own strength and taste the difference. We have a DeLonghi one with a milk frother and it also makes great lattes. Also there is a great make called Severin at Plug Ins which is next on my list if this one ever gives up the ghost. The Nespresso ones have a host of flavours so if u like ur coffee stronger u can just use a different pod! When you buy ur machine they give u starter pack with a lot of different flavours and u just work ur way through them till u find the one that hits ur caffeine quotient! :-)
Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 09:29
Sorry I have to disagree on this. Nespresso tastes very weak compared to proper coffee. Try a bean to cup machine, where you can adjust the settings to your own strength and taste the difference. We have a DeLonghi one with a milk frother and it also makes great lattes. Also there is a great make called Severin at Plug Ins which is next on my list if this one ever gives up the ghost.
Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 09:25
The one with the multiple frother settings is amazing! You can use it to just heat milk, or make a light fluffy or very creamy froth, or prepare cold coffee drinks. And it's so easy to clean. Agree with HorizonMum2 - if you're a coffee lover, Nespresso machines are great and so much cheaper than buying from the big chains.
Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 09:11
Thank you! I only want one with the milk frother as I am in love with lattes and cappuccinos :o)
Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 08:48
i luvvvv mine! can't imagine life without it! such a God send for even coffee meetups with other mums! i got the one with the attached milk frother and all... can't recommend it enough :-)

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY