International School of Creative Science, super confused | ExpatWoman.com

International School of Creative Science, super confused

Latest post on 30 August 2015 - 23:39

My daughter completed 2nd grade at an "American Curriculum" based school in Dubai and has just taken the placement test at Creative Science for grade 3. This school is supposed to be British curriculum but I've never known a British curriculum school to use grades. I assumed because they were using grades that they were using american grading system but I've just found out they go up to grade 13 so then shouldn't my daughter have taken the exam for grade 4 then?? Its all quite confusing and as I don't want to have to face a problem when I move her to a different school (regardless of the curriculum) I need to get to the bottom of this. Of course I will ask at the school but does anyone have any experiences with this school?

She is age appropriate for 3rd grade/year 4 and she completed 2nd grade at Nibras International in the Green Community. So she should be going on to grade 3 at an American School or year 4 at a British School. Both of which would mean she has 10 years left until she completes high school (current year inclusive). But since this school goes up to grade 13 then she would have 11 years left, which is ridiculous.

Latest post on 04 October 2015 - 23:45
I believe it depends what month she is born in, at the beginning of the year she will fall behind a grade, and if she is born after the summer she may stay in the same grade or go up a grade. What grade did she enter in the end? Hope you figured this out. It is strange they call them grades if it isn't an american school. I've always heard people call them years or key stages.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY