Relocating to Dubai with 11 year old daughter and 14 year old son | ExpatWoman.com

Relocating to Dubai with 11 year old daughter and 14 year old son

Latest post on 11 September 2015 - 00:53
Hi nicnac. I have heard of people moving midway in year 10 one of my friends moved hers mid way but was already in the english system but it did involve a lot of work for her daughter as a different board and it is not ideal. if your chid, is academic they will probably cope I personally wouldnt do it . Also a lot of schools will not accept entries at this stage but it really depends on your own child and how you think they wold cope with effectively missing possibly up to a quarter of the course and having to catch up. If you are looking at moving the sooner the better or else stay put until after year 11 (english system)
Latest post on 09 September 2015 - 19:17
Does anyone know if my son, who will be 15 later this month, is in 4th year in the UK and has done the first year of the National 5 course (Scottish GCSE equivalent) will be able to join Year 10 mid way through? Thanks for any help :cool:
Latest post on 09 September 2015 - 19:17
Does anyone know if my son, who will be 15 later this month, is in 4th year in the UK and has done the first year of the National 5 course (Scottish GCSE equivalent) will be able to join Year 10 mid way through? Thanks for any help :cool:
Latest post on 01 September 2015 - 01:43
Thanks ladies! ? I will look into that school steptoe04! No doubt I will back for more info and advice soon! We all lived in Dubai before so not as daunting as the first time but I'm just anxious about the kids settling ok. X
Latest post on 01 September 2015 - 00:09
Sorry I can't help with advice etc - just wanted to wish you well. xx
Latest post on 31 August 2015 - 15:56
Hi I came last year from the UK with 2 daughters, aged 13 and 17. We were unbelievably anxious about it and my 13yr old didn't talk to me for months before the move, I'm not kidding. Anyway, apart from the very beginning of school (nervous first days) they have absolutely LOVED it, the 13yr old took a bit longer to settle, maybe half a term, but now she couldn't wait to get back after our 6weeks in the UK for summer. I was a bit worried about the dress codes for teenage girls but they seem to have been completely at ease adapting. Schools, mine are both at DESC and love it, with improved academic result too. I couldn't comment on any other schools. Good luck
Latest post on 31 August 2015 - 14:23
Hi ladies, I'm looking for any thoughts/ experiences you have had with moving older kids to Dubai. Both kids spent a few years here when they were younger but we have been in Scotland for the last 5 years. We are now seriously considering moving back (hopefully around Xmas time) and wondered if anyone has had experience in settling older kids in to Dubai life, school etc. ideally we are looking at The Ranches so any help advice about schools would be brilliant. Thanks for any help, advise xx

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY