CACHE level 2 VS Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood Education & Care | ExpatWoman.com

CACHE level 2 VS Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood Education & Care

Latest post on 31 August 2015 - 15:24

i want to know is this course ( Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood Education & Care) is equivalent to cache Level 2 Introduction to Early Years Education and Care if equal and student finish this advance certificate in early childhood education and care then he she can take cache Level 3 Early Years Educator - 4 Terms

is this institute register or not

http://arabianchild.org/auto-draft-4/level-2-certificate

http://arabianchild.org/auto-draft-4/cache-level-3

and is above institute reputation is good or not as compare to http://www.eyes-me.com/course-details?id=25

because both have difference of fees 7000 aed

Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 02 September 2015 - 21:30
Marroosh how long ago did EYES tell you that? I heard recently from an English woman that she used to use her CACHE 3 as you mentioned (to work as a KG teacher), but because KHDA now requires QTS she had to work as a supply teacher instead - or something like that. I'm new to Dubai and the teaching scene and have very little understanding of British qualifications so I'm interested in getting myself up to date! That was maybe 6 months ago. Might have changed now. Nursery teacher or reception teacher in a school are a difference in pay. So probably that no longer applies.
Latest post on 02 September 2015 - 21:27
Marroosh how long ago did EYES tell you that? I heard recently from an English woman that she used to use her CACHE 3 as you mentioned (to work as a KG teacher), but because KHDA now requires PGCE&QTS she had to work as a supply teacher instead - or something like that. I'm new to Dubai and the teaching scene and have very little understanding of British qualifications so I'm interested in getting myself up to date!
Latest post on 02 September 2015 - 21:23
Here's a good thread comparing 3 places offering the qualification: http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/topic229836-cache-courses.aspx "In Dubai, there are 3 companies that are providing this qualification: 1)EYES 2)City and Guilds (Quality matters4children) 3)Arabian child I did it with City and Guilds, and my friends did with EYES and Arabian Child. City and Guilds is the most affordable one comparing with these two. Teachers are dedicated and they don't allow to pass until you meet the criteria. My friends are very happy with Arabian child as well, so I think that is the best for you to call these 3 companies, and decide according to the price or location and timings. EYES is the most expensive one as far as I know. Qualification is ABSOLUTELY the same and recognized by KHDA. "
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 02 September 2015 - 21:20
Both sites state the same eligibility criteria, which is that you have CACHE level 2 or equivalent before being able to start level 3. Level 2 is an assistant course, while at level 3 you are going to be a teacher which brings more planning, management skills and responsibility I was also told be EYES that some British Curriculum Schools will accept CACHE level 3 for their reception classes, where usually a BA and QTS is required. So it is a good diploma to have) . Both centers offer the same course so yes again their criteria will be the same as it will be the criteria CACHE has set. You could search online for other accredited courses on the same level and same field that are less expensive and then move on to level 3 once you're done. Also, you need to be working in an early years setting that offers the EYFS curriculum. With regards to the difference in price, I would contact both and ask what their fees include. At the end it seems to be the same course.
Latest post on 02 September 2015 - 21:06
It would probably be best to call them to be sure about the steps - but their site does seem to say that ("Will be eligible to apply for CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Educator) or Child Development Associate Credential").

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY