Hotel for 6 weeks, advice please | ExpatWoman.com

Hotel for 6 weeks, advice please

Latest post on 31 August 2015 - 15:48

My husband and I are relocating to Doha on 1st October 2015. While the company provides Bachelor accommodation for 6 weeks it is only for him. We have decided to rent a long term room in a hotel for six weeks until we find a house/apartment.

We have quotes from the following, can Anyone advise if they have any thoughts on which would be best?:

Al Safa Royal Suites - preference as the suite has a washing machine
Best western
Movenpick Corniche
Kingsgate Suites

Thanks and regards
:)

Latest post on 04 September 2015 - 17:20
Hi Tandy I can also vouch for the Al Safa. I am currently staying there. I have a 2 bed apartment, kitchen etc. It is very spacious. Staff are excellent. There is a food parlor about 10 m from the Hotel which stocks all items (fresh fruit, vegetables, household goods, milk etc) I also went to city centre mall today and the taxi back cost 25QR and took about 15 min at 19:00. I feel very safe and comfortable here. I also have heard the breakfast and dinner is excellent although I have not tried this myself Hi Thanks for your reply would you be able to email some pics of the room etc? Finding it hard to find "real life" pics as opposed to those on their web site? Many Thanks :)
Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 22:04
Thank you for coming back to me. I think we are going to book Al Saffa. If you have any more tips I will really appreciate them.
Latest post on 01 September 2015 - 23:13
Hi Tandy I can also vouch for the Al Safa. I am currently staying there. I have a 2 bed apartment, kitchen etc. It is very spacious. Staff are excellent. There is a food parlor about 10 m from the Hotel which stocks all items (fresh fruit, vegetables, household goods, milk etc) I also went to city centre mall today and the taxi back cost 25QR and took about 15 min at 19:00. I feel very safe and comfortable here. I also have heard the breakfast and dinner is excellent although I have not tried this myself
Latest post on 01 September 2015 - 08:51
The Movenpick is ok but the kitchen facilities are small and (as you said) no washing machine. You could try the Meilia - it's a hotel (so would be a hotel room without facilities) but much higher standard (it's 5*) and they are likely to come in around the same price as the movenpick (you may need to bargain though)
Latest post on 01 September 2015 - 00:02
Hi Tandy I can tell you about Al Safa Royal Suites as we stayed there initially for about 6 weeks. I absolutely loved it, the size of the suite was great, very clean and comfortable. The washing machine and kitchen were a must for us as we have children. Great service and location was also convenient as its central. If you have any specific questions, please let me know.