Top Secondary Schools in Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Top Secondary Schools in Dubai

Latest post on 31 August 2015 - 17:06

Hi Ladies

A friend of mine is moving to Dubai with secondary aged children and trying to get an idea of the best schools here. My children are too young for me to advise her so I wondered if you could give me your thoughts. They haven't decided on a location as will pick the school first then housing afterwards so could be anywhere in Dubai. Thanks

Latest post on 09 September 2015 - 19:15
20% got Level 6's???? At most other schools had a handful of very bright children get Level 6. In the UK in 2014 there were only 14 schools that achieved more than 10%.
Latest post on 09 September 2015 - 11:46
I have a little one in Primary at DBS (Dubai British School) but am so happy that he will go on to Secondary there (although I'm hoping that's still a long way off yet). I have lots of friends who are mums of Secondary children at the school who are so pleased with how well they are doing. They get support during exam time, great choices and great teachers too. The GCSE results this year were amazing and topped UK results. 95% got A*-C grades. I think it helps that it is a very supportive school and has a strong community feel. My friends children are polite and friendly too which I think also says a lot about their environment.
Latest post on 08 September 2015 - 13:27
Yes it is a good school - Year 6 SATs results were very impressive : Over 70% of children gaining level 5s And nearly 20% achieving level 6s ..... And given this was the school's first year then one would think things can 'only get better'!
Latest post on 08 September 2015 - 12:28
It is a bit misleading.....the children at NAS that sat their exams in June were those that were taking language exams early. The secondary school is only open up to year 10 at the moment so the school's results won't be properly indicative for another year or 2 minimum. BUT it is a good school!
Latest post on 08 September 2015 - 10:15
It sounded to me like there were a couple of children that sat IGCSEs early not the whole year group.
Latest post on 08 September 2015 - 09:37
When we toured Nord Anglia last year I'm sure they didn't even go up to that age group! The secondary school had very few pupils at all.
Latest post on 08 September 2015 - 09:25
Nord Anglia (Barsh near Arabian Ranches) 100% A*-A in iGCSE this year. That could be a little misleading. Considering they've only been open a year, it probably says more about the level of education in the other schools from which the students transferred.
Latest post on 08 September 2015 - 09:19
Nord Anglia (Barsh near Arabian Ranches) 100% A*-A in iGCSE this year. That could be a little misleading.
Latest post on 08 September 2015 - 05:08
Nord Anglia (Barsh near Arabian Ranches) 100% A*-A in iGCSE this year. These results are for the Dubai branch or overall worldwide Nord Anglia family schools? Dubai. No idea what the other schools got I'm afraid.
Latest post on 07 September 2015 - 23:08
Nord Anglia (Barsh near Arabian Ranches) 100% A*-A in iGCSE this year. These results are for the Dubai branch or overall worldwide Nord Anglia family schools?
Latest post on 31 August 2015 - 17:46
Nord Anglia (Barsh near Arabian Ranches) 100% A*-A in iGCSE this year.
Latest post on 31 August 2015 - 17:29
the most popular British ones are: Dubai College (Umm Suqieum) Dubai English Speaking College (Silicon Oasis) Jumeirah English Speaking School (Arabian Ranches) Jumeirah College (Jumeirah) All of them have entrance tests and waiting lists I'm sure but I guess it will also be subject to year of entry... yr 7 is often the most difficult to get into coz they have so many yr 6 primary school children applying!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY