Anyone sold their car through SimplyBuyAnyCar.com or other used car dealers? | ExpatWoman.com

Anyone sold their car through SimplyBuyAnyCar.com or other used car dealers?

Latest post on 31 August 2015 - 18:13

Hello friends,

I am selling my Infinity and placed my ad on dubizzle. My RTA runs out soon. If I don't drive my car and leave it in my garage till its sold do I still need to renew? I am just concerned on the unnecessary costs of getting a one years insurance and RTA when I hope to sell my car within a few weeks max. Is it illegal to not have RTA if I am not driving the car?

Would love to hear from you please? Thanks In advance x

Latest post on 02 September 2015 - 14:13
I recently renewed my registration and it was 15 days late. As the OP said it is 20AED a month once expired My colleague always uses Dubizzle to sell his cars ( past six years) you have to pay to put it on the site now and it doesn't refresh anymore like it used to when it was free therefore will slip down the ads after 4 weeks or so
Latest post on 02 September 2015 - 14:09
Hitch, now the RTA charges you if you are renewing your registration after the registration has expired even though the insurance is still valid. It's something quite small though like aed.5 per week/Aed.20 per month and its just included on your registration receipt. I think thats what your insurance co. may have meant when they said there is no grace period. As Kitten67 mentioned if you have the time just to do it through dubizzle. You can negotiate for a better price.
Latest post on 02 September 2015 - 12:58
I have sold 3 cars on dubizzle and with each it took me only 2 days to sell. I think you can achieve a better price through dubizzle if you can invest the time to follow up enquiries and go to RTA with buyer etc. It is important to take good photos of the car and advertise at a realistic price (but leave room to come down by 2k-5k for negotiation by buyer). Infinity are nice cars so I think it should sell easily if you can advertise it well
Latest post on 01 September 2015 - 21:43
BUMP Please - ladies please could anyone advise on the below including your experience on the RTA expiry? I am desperately looking to sell my car asap and need some help please. Thanks in advance

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY