Brown Cotton Socks & Julia Johnson's "A Gift of the Sands" | ExpatWoman.com

Brown Cotton Socks & Julia Johnson's "A Gift of the Sands"

Latest post on 02 September 2015 - 21:14

I guess I could make 2 separate posts to keep things orderly, but here it is.

1. I need brown, cotton, calf-length socks! All I can find is black, gray, or shades of beige. Has anyone spotted them recently?

2. Four years ago I stumbled upon Julia Johnson's picture book "A Gift of the Sands" in an Abu Dhabi bookstore and I REALLY want a second copy to gift to a friend asap. Any recommendations? Borders said that they could order it for me, but it would take 3-4 weeks.

Latest post on 12 December 2015 - 05:44
I've found both! Gift of the Sands at the Sharjah Book Fair sold by Abu Dhabi University Bookstore, and cotton brown socks (finally!! I've been wearing mine to shreds!) at Carrefour Mirdif City Centre. I'd checked several times before so I'm so happy they finally got some :)
Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 15:12
Thanks, will do! Looks like there's a Jashanmal in Mirdiff too so that would be extra great. It's tragic how difficult this book is to find when it has such an amazing message for adults as well as kids. I can't read it to my kids without crying.. it's the perfect book for anyone who has found herself following a very different path than the one she expected. No ideas about the brown socks? :( I have never read that book. Would have a look next time I go to library. No clue about socks..but I just saw an advertisement of a shop named "Socks" selling Socks ONLY, for men,ladies and kids, in outlet mall. May be worth giving them a call to check?
Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 08:46
Thanks, will do! Looks like there's a Jashanmal in Mirdiff too so that would be extra great. It's tragic how difficult this book is to find when it has such an amazing message for adults as well as kids. I can't read it to my kids without crying.. it's the perfect book for anyone who has found herself following a very different path than the one she expected. No ideas about the brown socks? :(
Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 07:43
Try calling up Kinokuniya in dubai mall or jashanmal in MOE, they might have that book in stock otherwise you would have to order and wait.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY