Someone banged into my car… help! | ExpatWoman.com

Someone banged into my car… help!

Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 09:28

I came out of my building in JLT this morning to see that someone had bashed into my car on the passenger side. They then had obviously driven off and hadn't left a note or anything.

Firstly they must have astounding driving skills, as even reversing out of a space they had a long way to go to hit my car, so they clearly have no spatial awareness.

It is a rental car, and I'm vaguely aware I need a police report but I had to go to work so I'm now at work trying to figure out what to do? Bring it to the nearest police station?

Can anyone advise?

I will also be stalking every white car in my carpark the next few weeks to see if my paint is on their back bumper!!

Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 15:13
Check with car park security, most car parks are covered by cctv so they may have the culprit on film.
Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 14:57
Sorry this had happened to you, people can be soo inconsiderate! Since it's a rental inform the rental agency too. Even though the accident wasn't your fault as there is no third party present you will need to pay an excess. But check with the rent-a-car agency as they would tell you the exact process. At the time of contract some agencies offer a collision damage waiver (CDW ) option where you pay a certain amount like Aed.25 per day so you don't have to pay the excess or you opt to pay the full excess when you do have an accident.
Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 10:47
I came out of my building in JLT this morning to see that someone had bashed into my car on the passenger side. They then had obviously driven off and hadn't left a note or anything. Firstly they must have astounding driving skills, as even reversing out of a space they had a long way to go to hit my car, so they clearly have no spatial awareness. It is a rental car, and I'm vaguely aware I need a police report but I had to go to work so I'm now at work trying to figure out what to do? Bring it to the nearest police station? Can anyone advise? I will also be stalking every white car in my carpark the next few weeks to see if my paint is on their back bumper!! You have to take it to the closest police station to where the accident happened. Jebel Ali will be closest one. Explain that someone hit it and drove off. Make sure you get the green paper to give to the insurers. ( Don't get the pink as that means it is your fault) have you reported it to the hire car company?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY