Thank Youuuuuuu sLam- there should end of Hairdresser threads | ExpatWoman.com

Thank Youuuuuuu sLam- there should end of Hairdresser threads

Latest post on 07 September 2015 - 11:42
I have been to less expensive salons that cuts for 100 but I have never been happy. I am looking at going to hairworks in spinneys, they've just reopened recently, I think. Any recommendations on a good stylist there?
Latest post on 07 September 2015 - 08:41
Hmmm I pay 100 for a cut. I dont ask for it blow dried but they do that anyway. I have long hair too which is normally more expensive. The cut is nice and I am happy with it. Before there, I would go to Hair works and paid 200 for a cut and dry. My mum has a British lady who comes to the house and charges 150. I am seeing her myself tonight so don't know how good she is but my mums hair always looks nice. Im not sure why you all think hair cuts are so expensive here, maybe I just find good cuts in cheaper salons somehow
Latest post on 06 September 2015 - 23:34
I have also been in Dubai for almost 7 years and in my time here, I have only had I think 3-4 haircuts. I would either get a haircut when I'm back home or simply grow my hair out. My last haircut was last year (please don't judge me :biggrin: ) I am looking at booking slam due to all the positive feedback. However, I only would like a trim or a simple layered cut. I have long and very straight hair. Don't know if they only do edgy cuts. How's the waiting time, by the way? If it's just a trim, I won't recommend you go to them. Trust me, there are some "not highly recommended" hairdresser in Dubai... Who will charge you only 50-80 Dhs for the trim or cut. I have had color that didn't cover Greys, I got a cut that i didn't ask for. When you pay nearly 1000 Dhs and you leave salon with the feeling of "da fuq happened ???" After having my "expensive" expriences, I usually go to cheaper places. I tip the girls so that they do good job. "Famous" & "expensive" doesn't always mean "good". Hair trim for 100$ is just not worth it.
Latest post on 06 September 2015 - 23:08
I have also been in Dubai for almost 7 years and in my time here, I have only had I think 3-4 haircuts. I would either get a haircut when I'm back home or simply grow my hair out. My last haircut was last year (please don't judge me :biggrin: ) I am looking at booking slam due to all the positive feedback. However, I only would like a trim or a simple layered cut. I have long and very straight hair. Don't know if they only do edgy cuts. How's the waiting time, by the way?
Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 20:36
I am usually not a person who likes to kill others excitement. Today after so many days, I logged into just to tell you something. Good or bad haircut in Dubai is matter of "luck" I suppose. I have had excellent haircuts at Essential, they are very reasonably priced also. I also had a bad color and highlight at your "Today's favorite " place. They didn't know that they were not suppose to bleach my hair because of previous treatments. I don't like to bad mouth about any business as at the end of day, it's someone'S bread and butter. I know the feeling of having a bad cut for 200 Dhs and I also know the feeling of getting your hair burnt for 1000 Dhs. Hairdressers in Dubai are just a matter of "Luck"
Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 20:03
Only ever used Essentials in all the time I've been here and never ever had one complaint about either cut or colour :biggrin: With all due respect GE, the reason you never had complaint could be..... You never tried "better" ppl. It's been a long time, I have stopped going there. Inly reason because they were close to my house. Sorry, I can't take this **** any more :angry::sleepy: I'll answer your post. Prior to going to Essentails I had not had a decent hair cut for 18 months !!! It had got to the point where I was planning on flying back to the UK for a decent cut and colour. I travel a good way to get there and definitely would only leave if my hairdresser does. And "with all due respect" madam..... when you get to my age you are very particular who you let loose on your hair !!!!!
Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 18:29
Only ever used Essentials in all the time I've been here and never ever had one complaint about either cut or colour :biggrin: With all due respect GE, the reason you never had complaint could be..... You never tried "better" ppl. It's been a long time, I have stopped going there. Inly reason because they were close to my house. Sorry, I can't take this **** any more :angry::sleepy: Oh, come on now. We get it, yes you had a great hair cut. It's not that big of a deal. What do you think you're gaining with sla**ing other hairdressers/salons? Different people/ different preferences. Yes, Slam is good and they have built up a good reputation swiftly. All you're achieving here is that you make it easy for them to increase prices and making waiting lists longer.
Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 18:18
Only ever used Essentials in all the time I've been here and never ever had one complaint about either cut or colour :biggrin: With all due respect GE, the reason you never had complaint could be..... You never tried "better" ppl. It's been a long time, I have stopped going there. Inly reason because they were close to my house. Sorry, I can't take this **** any more :angry::sleepy:
Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 16:13
I suffered through 6 months of poor quality cuts and colors (and Nails!) at Pastels because it was convenient. Switched my hair to Ted Morgan 6 weeks ago and my nails to TNS at Arabian Ranches...why oh why did I wait so long????? If I had known about sLam 2 months ago I would have tried them as they are closer to me than Ted Morgan.
Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 16:08
Where does Ali work? Slam its in the building next to Ace hardware on SZR Trendy salon, nice atmosphere and great staff to boot
Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 15:50
Only ever used Essentials in all the time I've been here and never ever had one complaint about either cut or colour :biggrin:
Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 15:26
Where does Ali work?
Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 14:28
Thank you for confirming what I heard and seen from others. I will get myself down there next time I am due. I paid 350 dhs for an average haircut at Pastels last time, I was close to start weeping :-(
Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 13:48
I love Ali, saw her last week for the first time in 2 years. Fantastic hairdresser with a great personality to boot. Don't you just love their hair washing sinks? The comfiest I have ever experienced :biggrin:

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY