City Hospital Maternity Doctor? | ExpatWoman.com

City Hospital Maternity Doctor?

Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 14:35

Hi All,

I moved to Dubai in January and I am 30 weeks pregnant and am unsure of a good doctor at City hospital. I have had my first appointment with Dr Jennifer this week, after being transferred from the Dr I was previously seeing , as she does not carry out deliveries. I did not feel so comfortable/ or any sought of warmth after meeting her for the first time. She only did a 1 minute scan and did not even look at my baby fully to see if all was ok, all she checked was where the head is positioned.

I came home and read some negative reviews about her. There are more Drs at City Hospital, but am unsure of how good they are. Can anyone please advice me on any good Dr or what I can do ?

Thank you

Latest post on 04 September 2015 - 16:58
I delivered at the City hospital and Dr Raja Haqqi was excellent. She is a very warm doctor who made me feel very comfortable and well looked after throughout the whole process, from pre-natal appointments to the delivery. She is a mother/grandmother herself and would often share personal experiences which made everything seem less intimidating.
Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 14:49
I would recommend Dr George at Genesis Clinic. His offices are right next door to City Hospital and he delivers at City. He was great - easy to make an appointment, always on time (unless he was delivering a baby!) always did a thorough scan and took his time with every appointment. You can call his personal number at any time if you have concerns - best ob doctor I've had.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY