Tomato seeds? | ExpatWoman.com

Tomato seeds?

Latest post on 06 September 2015 - 15:30
Well, having scoured the shops over the weekend, nobody has the seeds I would like, I will have to resort to buying the tomatoes from the supermarket & using the seeds, which I have done before, but then you don't know what exactly you are getting, I like to know the variety, but hey ho!
Latest post on 05 September 2015 - 12:13
Hi, buy the tomatoes you want to grow in the supermarket. Cut it, and take out the seeds, take away most of the gel around the seeds. Fold the seeds in paper towels, and let dry completely in the sun, one day is enough. I cut the paper with seeds in strings (but you can carefully the seeds of the towel) and put all in the soil. When they sprout, I just keep the plants that looks the best. I have done this many times with success with cherry tomatoes. Careful with the green/red tomatoes, the birds love them too :-)
Latest post on 05 September 2015 - 11:58
Been to Ace DFC, Carrefour MOE, and Garden Center last month, none had tomato seeds. Let us know if you find some please
Latest post on 05 September 2015 - 10:35
They sell seeds here all year. Mostly imported from Spain or Italy. Apart from supermarkets and the garden centres... ACE also sells seeds. I usually wait till the weather is cooler till I plant my seeds or I start them indoors. I never follow the planting month guidelines on the packs as the weather here is so much hotter.
Latest post on 05 September 2015 - 06:38
Firstly, can't you just use the seeds from supermarket tomatoes? Secondly, almost all supermarkets here sell vegetable seeds. You don't need to go to the DGC.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY