Essential relocation plans | ExpatWoman.com

Essential relocation plans

Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 16:20

Hi to all the lovely ladies over there

I'm a 36 year old Indian female living in Hyderabad, India. My husband is in the process of finalizing an offer with a small company in Sharjah for employment.

If finalized and all goes well, we (including 2 kids) will be moving to Sharjah by Jan 2016. Before that I'm trying to prioritize and plan things for smooth transition.

Can anyone guide me with the following?
1. What is the present rate (for rent) of a 1 or 2 BHK apartment in Sharjah?
2. School fees for KG and Grade 2 in Sharjah with an Indian or CBSE school.
3. What is the average grocery bill incurred for a family of 4?
4. What is the school bus fee?
5. We follow a very minimal and limited lifestyle, no alcohol or too much of eating out and expenditure on entertainment out of house.so what would be the ideal expenditure per month we can expect in Sharjah?
6. Also what is the scope of socializing with the local and Indian women in Sharjah? Do you have any ladies clubs, association etc where ladies can get together periodically?
7. what are the formalities for opening a UAE bank account for expatriates (women, non-working)?
8. How soon one can acquire a driving license in Sharjah? What are the formalities?

Please guide me so that I can plan the transition for my family.

Thanks in advance.

Wordwizard

Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 17:33
Thankyou so much for the information. Will definitely try to get more information online for other aspects.
Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 17:24
Hi Sivstet Thanks for your response, I appreciate it. I did some research, but the figures on Dubizzle and the real prices seemed to be different. Also I searched online for the fee structure of a couple of Indian schools, but it was not updated. So thought of discussing with someone who is already present there and can guide me with a couple of tips. As advised by you, I will call/mail a couple of banks in Sharjah for the procedures. Thanks once again.:) Well good luck. Generally moving to a new country you have to be a bit more proactive, like emailing the schools if their Web information doesn't seem up to date and more importantly check if they have availability. What makes you think that the Dubizzle prices isn't the real prices?
Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 16:36
Hi WW You will be able to open a bank account as soon as you have your residence visa, however if you don't have a salary going into it you may be asked for 3 months bank statements so bring them over with you. Driving License now requires your original Emirates ID Card so you will be looking at around a month after your DH's visa is processed (and subseqntly yours). www.propertyfinder.ae will give you a good indication of rental prices, some areas (Corniche etc) will be higher rent than other areas. Average grocery bill is difficult to determine as it depends where you shop and how much you eat (!) but you will be able to get an indication of grocery prices on www.geantonline.ae. EW has a SHJ school page http://www.expatwoman.com/dubai/monthly_faqs_sharjah_school_fees_8848.aspx
Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 16:34
Hi Sivstet Thanks for your response, I appreciate it. I did some research, but the figures on Dubizzle and the real prices seemed to be different. Also I searched online for the fee structure of a couple of Indian schools, but it was not updated. So thought of discussing with someone who is already present there and can guide me with a couple of tips. As advised by you, I will call/mail a couple of banks in Sharjah for the procedures. Thanks once again.:)
Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 16:24
That's a lot of questions. I think you should contact a couple of schools for all school related questions. Check Dubizzle for rent. Maybe check with the banks in Sharjah for the procedures. Hope someone will be able to assist, but I think firstly you should do some research on your own.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY