FS1 @ JPS- queries regarding labeling clothes/lunch boxes etc | ExpatWoman.com

FS1 @ JPS- queries regarding labeling clothes/lunch boxes etc

Latest post on 03 September 2015 - 23:58

Hello there!

So my DD just started FS1 at JPS. I got the name labels from threads but looks like they won't be staying on for long as only two days of usage and I can see corners coming off. How do you guys label uniform, socks & under garments?

I used permanent marker to label one of her vests but now I'm thinking should I keep a set of 5 vests and under wears labeled for school and keep separate ones for home use as the name written with permanent marker doesn't look nice at all and I don't want all her vest n under wears to have it.

Also wondering if mums could shed some light on ur fav lunch boxes and why. The teacher is asking for two separate boxes. One for small snack and one for lunch.
do u use two separate boxes of just one for both meals?

Is any one using the bento box? If so where did u buy them? Was it worth the price?

Also could u share best place to get school and Pe shoes?

Thanks in advance!

Latest post on 05 September 2015 - 00:40
I write his name on everything with a permanent marker or laundry pen - doesn't matter how it looks, it's on the inside !! lol Maybe they ask for the snack to be separated to make sure the children eat the right things at the right time. We've never been asked for two bags, the children have been free to choose what they want to eat at break and then finish the rest at lunch.
Latest post on 04 September 2015 - 19:02
For labeling uniform I bought iron on tags from zaks last year which stayed on for the whole year (and were very difficult to take off when I needed to discard the uniform). They print your name and class there and then on a white iron on tag which you can apply easily at home with a dry iron. They were 5 tags for 35 I think. For lunch boxes I use the stuck on you labels..but not the personalized one..as their packages are quite expensive and I only need for lunch boxes and bottles. So I buy these individual packs. http://www.mumzworld.com/kids-en/back-to-school/stickers-labels-stamps You would need a labeled vest and underwear only for the days when they need to change for splash pool/swim or PE. That's when things go missing. So just having one or two of these labelled would be enough.
Latest post on 04 September 2015 - 13:47
Thanks kitten67! Will have a look:-) What about lunchboxes?
Latest post on 04 September 2015 - 09:34
I get labels from stuck on you website and you can get them customised with your name and phone number , logo etc. You get a combination pack of washable stickers for lunch boxes, bag tags, shoe tags and iron on labels for clothes which stay on The uniform shop at spinneys has some where you can write your own details rather than wait for the customised order which can take a couple of weeks

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY