Eye laser Surgery, where do I start? Your experiences please... | ExpatWoman.com

Eye laser Surgery, where do I start? Your experiences please...

Latest post on 04 September 2015 - 09:31

I want to get this done but would like to hear of experiences and recommendations of places i could get it done.

Obviously, I also don't want to get ripped off and would like to pay a reasonable price.

Also, is this a good deal? I like the fact that they offer a payment plan too, just dont know about the experiences at this place.

http://lasik.lasereyecenter.ae/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw35-vBRD3qKz8hPezlIIBEiQAOe...

Latest post on 04 September 2015 - 23:19
Hi, had mine done at Centre for Sight in UK, with a fantastic surgeon - Sheraz Daya, he is brilliant, just goggle him. I had a procedure called Supracor to correct mid and short sight 5 years ago and has been fantastic. Quick procedure for both eyes, discomfort in the afternoon after the 'op' but all fine after that. The only thing it has left me with is a tendency to have 'dry eyes' sometimes....but that is nothing major, living here with our heat/sand/dust and a/c doesn't help that! You should be checked very carefully prior to having the treatment to make sure you are suitable for it, so I would suggest that anyone who is willing to just go ahead and do it without those checks needs to be avoided. Good luck, I have been delighted with the result.
Latest post on 04 September 2015 - 21:40
I had mine done at Moorfields, probably not the cheapest but very efficient and the backing of a leading institution. http://www.moorfields.ae/en/About/Default.aspx
Latest post on 04 September 2015 - 21:34
I did mine at the British Lasik Clinic on Jumeirah Beach Road five years ago and had an excellent experience. I was first tested to check that I was a candidate for the procedure and then scheduled to have the surgery soon afterwards. It took less than 10 minutes, of which I only spent 2 minutes having the procedure done! It was painless! However, once the anasthesia wears off, your eyes start tearing and that wasn't pleasant. It lasted for a few hours. I also had to wear sunglasses (they provide them) to bed that night to make sure I didn't rub my eyes inadvertently in my sleep. I went for a check up the next day, and haven't looked back since. They also give you drops to use for a few days and your vision only gets really clear (sharp) after about a week or so. There are different types of procedures so the cost varies. I went for the top of the range at the time and it was around Dhs 15,000. The main reason I chose it was because it would allow me to have a repeat surgery again, later in life, if needed. All the best! It was a great move for me and I hope it will be for you too.
Latest post on 04 September 2015 - 21:11
No one?? Seriously??

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY