Opportunity for PR/Communications work for my graduate son | ExpatWoman.com

Opportunity for PR/Communications work for my graduate son

Latest post on 04 September 2015 - 13:41

Hi all,
Hope your're enjoying your weekend, I was wondering if any of you know of any internships/graduate placements for my son who has just moved back to Dubai after graduating from Oxford Brookes University with a 2:1 in International Relations and Communications. He's been applying everyday for opportunities for the past 2 weeks and hasn't heard anything back yet. If anyone knows of any opportunities for a hardworking graduate, it would be very much appreciated if you could let me know :)

Latest post on 04 November 2015 - 15:56
Hi Bouncy, We are currently looking for interns in our Dubai office. This is an unpaid part-time role for someone who wants to get some experience in Marketing and PR. Send me your contact details if you're interested.
Latest post on 08 September 2015 - 19:16
He needs to offer himself for a unpaid or low paid internship. You also need to network - it's about who you know here......
Latest post on 06 September 2015 - 14:49
Good advice from Annorman! Dubai employers also like to see relevant work experience in the region if possible. I would suggest your son does some voluntary work for a charity in PR, marketing or similar where he can use his skills and show that he's making the best use of his time to any future employer. Charities with an international dimension such as Gulf For Good would be particularly relevant to him and of course be of great benefit to the charity concerned. It's also a chance to network locally and help those less fortunate. Good luck to your son!.
Latest post on 05 September 2015 - 16:14
Hi Annorman, Thank you for your advice! He was getting worried that nothing will happen but he knows that he'll just have to stick it out and keep fishing for opportunities until he gets a bite. Thanks again :)
Latest post on 05 September 2015 - 10:19
Hi Bouncy390, Congrats on your son's achievements - very impressive! Things typically work much slower here so I wouldn't be concerned that he hasn't heard anything in 2 weeks. I would probably budget around 3 months to start really getting good traction. The son of our close friends just managed to get into Reuters on an internship basis but it took him 6 months to secure an offer. DH recently advertised for a graduate and competition was pretty fierce so I would recommend you contacting your network and make it known that your son is in the market.....a lot of these opportunities are not advertised and this might give you son a bit of an edge with less competition. Good luck!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY