Maid and medication | ExpatWoman.com

Maid and medication

Latest post on 05 September 2015 - 15:08
Thankyou. Is it my responsibility to now pay her the extra dhs 300-400 per month. Thankyou
Latest post on 05 September 2015 - 13:26
Her doctor may be able to prescribe a higher dose and she simply cut the tablet (with a tablet cutter) in half or quarters to save money. Tablets will last twice or 4 times as long. There isn't a huge difference in price between the 5mg and the 20 mg packs. Best for her to ask her dr if this would work for her situation.
Latest post on 05 September 2015 - 06:58
It sounds like she is on statins to control her cholesterol in which case the price of AED 200 per month doesn't sound unreasonable Can you ask for the name of the medication or to see the prescription? Most insurance companies cover medication if it is prescribed, though some would still have an excess of AED 50. What does her insurance policy cover in terms of medication?
Latest post on 05 September 2015 - 03:33
Hi I would love some advise please. We have jay employed a new who is 49 years old . I the interview she informed me she was in good health. Her medical insurance has been paid until March 2016. However she went to the doctor for Cholestral and blood pressure tests this week and came back furious as she had to pay for the medication. I called the insurance co and she has been to the doctor 3 times since March and revived medication and exceeded her limit now until we renew the policy next March. She has spent over dhs1050 since March. Now she tells me she controls her blood pressure and Cholestral with this medication which costs dhs200 per box and she needs a box every month or two months. She was not clear on this. Please can anyone shed some light on where I stand on this. Has she sent medication home? Is seems an awful lot to spend since March. Also does anyone know which insurance co would cover all of this medication. If I take out the next cover with the same co it will be Dhs4000!which I will not pay. Thankyou

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY