Anyone having a Thai Maid? | ExpatWoman.com

Anyone having a Thai Maid?

Latest post on 07 September 2015 - 08:47

I have been having an Indian maid for 3 years but we always have been having a lot of problems with her lack of respect and crossing the lines etc..she was good with the kids but seemed to create a stressful environment at home..and I am contemplating not renewing her visa in Jan.

Now...looking for a new one..I was wondering if it was possible to find Thai maids or what is the process etc. I have heard they are kind with children and quite humble..plus we love thai food :P

Latest post on 03 October 2015 - 21:41
Hi HorizonMum2, We are an Indian family (1 12 year old child) based in Oud Metha and looking for a maid around mid-May. I'd be very interested to meet your maid. If its ok, I'd like to PM you? Thanks so much Spellbound
Latest post on 28 September 2015 - 08:48
hi we will be letting our lovely house help from Nepal go in May next year... she has been with us for four years and is very hardworking, diligent and takes excellent care of my kids... however she is now looking for a higher salary than we can afford to spare at this stage so if you would want to consider her I'm more than happy to recommend her (though she's only available from 7th of May). We are arriving at new year with a view to looking for a maid after a few months so beginning of May would probably be about right. I wouldn't want to commit in case things change but would be interested in finding out a bit more. She sounds lovely. Is she live in or out? What salary is she looking for etc... Thanks She is live-in at the moment and I'm presuming she would want to retain that sort of living arrangement as it works out more cost efficient for her... she is currently earning AED 1500 per month with us (plus extras for bdays, religious holidays, etc.), annual air ticket (or encashed), health insurance, annual flights home (or encashed) and she has unlimited access to all supplies at home (food, toiletries, etc.). She gets all Fridays off and for public holidays we give her one day off or cash in lieu if we need her to help out on that day. She is looking for a pay rise to AED 2000 per month and at this stage I can't quite afford to part with that per month as we have other financial commitments that take higher priority. Hence we have decided to not renew her contract in April and give her a release to find a new employer. As I mentioned she's from Nepal and speaks little or no English. She does speak Hindi quite fluently so would ideally be more suited to a family from the Asian subcontinent. She is very hard working and has a real gift for cleaning, ironing and cooking! We have been VERY pleased with her quality of work. Of course, she does have her pet peeves such as an obsessive mobile phone addiction but heh we're all entitled to some vices! Like I mentioned she would be available from 7th of May.
Latest post on 28 September 2015 - 08:26
I sometimes find these maid threads quite distressing. So why do you read them? Simply ignore........ Because it's not always right to simply look the other way is it... I agree with you. I find it difficult to ignore the fact that people are talking of employing someone into their house in terms of nationality only. I accept it may be a 'cultural thing' but I find it offensive. Humans are not to be classified the same as dog breeds sometimes are....it is wrong to say some nationalities are 'good with children', 'humble' or 'respectful'. We all belong to the same species and as such are all capable of a whole range of personality traits.
Latest post on 28 September 2015 - 07:05
I sometimes find these maid threads quite distressing. So why do you read them? Simply ignore........ Because it's not always right to simply look the other way is it...
Latest post on 27 September 2015 - 22:12
hi we will be letting our lovely house help from Nepal go in May next year... she has been with us for four years and is very hardworking, diligent and takes excellent care of my kids... however she is now looking for a higher salary than we can afford to spare at this stage so if you would want to consider her I'm more than happy to recommend her (though she's only available from 7th of May). I would be very interested in talking to your maid. We are looking for somebody to start next year as a live in maid. We are a Swedish/English family with one toddler and a small dog. Can you please contact me on Thank you!
Latest post on 27 September 2015 - 20:51
hi we will be letting our lovely house help from Nepal go in May next year... she has been with us for four years and is very hardworking, diligent and takes excellent care of my kids... however she is now looking for a higher salary than we can afford to spare at this stage so if you would want to consider her I'm more than happy to recommend her (though she's only available from 7th of May). We are arriving at new year with a view to looking for a maid after a few months so beginning of May would probably be about right. I wouldn't want to commit in case things change but would be interested in finding out a bit more. She sounds lovely. Is she live in or out? What salary is she looking for etc... Thanks
Latest post on 27 September 2015 - 13:58
hi we will be letting our lovely house help from Nepal go in May next year... she has been with us for four years and is very hardworking, diligent and takes excellent care of my kids... however she is now looking for a higher salary than we can afford to spare at this stage so if you would want to consider her I'm more than happy to recommend her (though she's only available from 7th of May). Thanks HorizonMum2...I need someone to oin atleast by Nov or Dec. Would she know anyone who might be interested? I'll check with her... if she knows of someone then I'll post on here... Really appreciate it. Thank you :)
Latest post on 27 September 2015 - 13:53
hi we will be letting our lovely house help from Nepal go in May next year... she has been with us for four years and is very hardworking, diligent and takes excellent care of my kids... however she is now looking for a higher salary than we can afford to spare at this stage so if you would want to consider her I'm more than happy to recommend her (though she's only available from 7th of May). Thanks HorizonMum2...I need someone to oin atleast by Nov or Dec. Would she know anyone who might be interested? I'll check with her... if she knows of someone then I'll post on here...
Latest post on 27 September 2015 - 13:28
hi we will be letting our lovely house help from Nepal go in May next year... she has been with us for four years and is very hardworking, diligent and takes excellent care of my kids... however she is now looking for a higher salary than we can afford to spare at this stage so if you would want to consider her I'm more than happy to recommend her (though she's only available from 7th of May). Thanks HorizonMum2...I need someone to oin atleast by Nov or Dec. Would she know anyone who might be interested?
Latest post on 27 September 2015 - 13:24
I sometimes find these maid threads quite distressing. So why do you read them? Simply ignore........
Latest post on 27 September 2015 - 12:42
hi we will be letting our lovely house help from Nepal go in May next year... she has been with us for four years and is very hardworking, diligent and takes excellent care of my kids... however she is now looking for a higher salary than we can afford to spare at this stage so if you would want to consider her I'm more than happy to recommend her (though she's only available from 7th of May).
Latest post on 27 September 2015 - 12:11
I sometimes find these maid threads quite distressing.
Latest post on 27 September 2015 - 11:17
Looks like Thailand wont happen :( Where do I find Indonesian maids or maids from Nepal? Getting quite anxious..I prefer a maid that somebody recommends, please.
Latest post on 07 September 2015 - 10:30
Is Thailand on the approved list for a maid? My understanding is that only certain nationals are allowed to work as maids and I have never heard of any Thai maids. Hopefully someone will come along and give you further advice :biggrin:

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY