Meeting up on Sunday | ExpatWoman.com

Meeting up on Sunday

Latest post on 09 September 2015 - 15:04

I have recently moved to Doha, living in Madinat Khalifa. I run a business and workon on UK time so my weekends are still Saturday and Sunday, but as my husband works here I'm left with Sunday's on my own and I need to take this opportunity to reach out to people and build up a network of friends.

I'm 31, from the UK with 2 kids a 5 year old and an 11 month old.

I want to take this opportunity to meet some people and am happy to jump in a taxi and meet up!

Latest post on 16 November 2015 - 16:57
Ah you're very good...if any noisy parkers are passing Westbay and are at a loose end they might give me a shout and show me how to use Facebook!! Im meeting two girls tomorrow who have been here for a few years so they might know girls who brunch group so I'll ask them. And sure I can go out to Pearl whenever suits you for a coffee .... Or an Irish coffee!! ?☕️??
Latest post on 16 November 2015 - 16:47
No not yet ? I'm brutal with Facebook - could be that my profile isn't complete. I usually use de twitter!! More straight forward. Im not sure how to post something so I'll wait for himself to come home this evening to show me. ? The Shame. I'll be giving Irish girls a bad name on this.... Thanks again! Lol Hun don't worry about it!!! Just want to put an end to messaging on this forum as you know yourself we are probably getting some nosy Parkers checking out our messages to one another!!! if I could sneakily pop my number up here I would?If your Facebook isn't happening let me know and we can figure something out x
Latest post on 16 November 2015 - 15:44
No not yet ? I'm brutal with Facebook - could be that my profile isn't complete. I usually use de twitter!! More straight forward. Im not sure how to post something so I'll wait for himself to come home this evening to show me. ? The Shame. I'll be giving Irish girls a bad name on this.... Thanks again!
Latest post on 16 November 2015 - 14:06
That would be great! I'm looking for work at moment so have loads of free time. I can go to Pearl whenever suits! I have put in request on Facebook too so thanks again! Hi Dee,were you accepted to the group? Or will I invite you to join? If you have been invited put a post up and I will respond to ya that way we will know who we are lol?
Latest post on 15 November 2015 - 22:34
That would be great! I'm looking for work at moment so have loads of free time. I can go to Pearl whenever suits! I have put in request on Facebook too so thanks again!
Latest post on 15 November 2015 - 21:41
Hi Dee! Welcome,I'm also Irish I'm living on the pearl,there's a group of us who meet every week on the pearl or in westbay,tomorrow morning the girls are meeting in westbay you should join Facebook to become a member of ladies who brunch as that way you will be more in touch with what's happening be it,coffee,drinks etc!!! What part of Ireland are you from?? Let me know if you want to meet the girls tomorrow morning,I can't make this one but they are all a lovly group,I can let you know what time and where they are meeting,plus your in the age bracket lol!!!;) Hi Budge34 I am SO sorry - I only saw your reply now. I don't think I'm using this right because I'm not getting notifications of replies... Just by chance I saw your reply!! Anyway thank you so much for advice. That sounds great. I will join Facebook - finally!!! I'm from Waterford but live in Cork. Delighted I'm in the age bracket for something!! Dee Hi Dee! Don't worry,I was checking from time to time if you saw my reply,I'm not often on this forum,don't think it's advanced enough yet to give notifications lol maybe some day!!! Well let me know if you join the group,or if you fancy popping over to the pearl sometime for a coffee,I know afew girls here at this stage but funny enough none of them are Irish so would be nice to meet another Irish chick?
Latest post on 15 November 2015 - 09:08
Hi Dee! Welcome,I'm also Irish I'm living on the pearl,there's a group of us who meet every week on the pearl or in westbay,tomorrow morning the girls are meeting in westbay you should join Facebook to become a member of ladies who brunch as that way you will be more in touch with what's happening be it,coffee,drinks etc!!! What part of Ireland are you from?? Let me know if you want to meet the girls tomorrow morning,I can't make this one but they are all a lovly group,I can let you know what time and where they are meeting,plus your in the age bracket lol!!!;) Hi Budge34 I am SO sorry - I only saw your reply now. I don't think I'm using this right because I'm not getting notifications of replies... Just by chance I saw your reply!! Anyway thank you so much for advice. That sounds great. I will join Facebook - finally!!! I'm from Waterford but live in Cork. Delighted I'm in the age bracket for something!! Dee
Latest post on 08 November 2015 - 14:26
Hi Dee! Welcome,I'm also Irish I'm living on the pearl,there's a group of us who meet every week on the pearl or in westbay,tomorrow morning the girls are meeting in westbay you should join Facebook to become a member of ladies who brunch as that way you will be more in touch with what's happening be it,coffee,drinks etc!!! What part of Ireland are you from?? Let me know if you want to meet the girls tomorrow morning,I can't make this one but they are all a lovly group,I can let you know what time and where they are meeting,plus your in the age bracket lol!!!;)
Latest post on 08 November 2015 - 07:44
hello, this site is hard to talk to people because their is no private messaging and the site deletes your name if you put it up for people to add you on Facebook. Their is a group called Ladies who brunch on Facebook all around 30 some with children too we do different things (I'm new to it to) but basically you can put up a post and say who's keen to meet sunday :) Hi MrsHoff11 Just wondering if new members can join brunch. Moved here 3 weeks ago from Ireland and looking for friends! 35, no kids, living in Westbay, not on Facebook!! Any advice would be appreciated ? Thanks
Latest post on 08 November 2015 - 07:44
hello, this site is hard to talk to people because their is no private messaging and the site deletes your name if you put it up for people to add you on Facebook. Their is a group called Ladies who brunch on Facebook all around 30 some with children too we do different things (I'm new to it to) but basically you can put up a post and say who's keen to meet sunday :) Hi MrsHoff11 Just wondering if new members can join brunch. Moved here 3 weeks ago from Ireland and looking for friends! 35, no kids, living in Westbay, not on Facebook!! Any advice would be apprecited ? Thanks
Latest post on 05 October 2015 - 10:44
You could also join Doha Mums . Plenty of meetings , events etc.... Great way to meet and make new friends :)
Latest post on 20 September 2015 - 14:09
Girls the page i mentioned is good because it for women around our age around 30. their are a lot of loverly groups but the women are much older 50-60 trust me I've been to lots :)
Latest post on 19 September 2015 - 16:05
Hi Radhikadeepak, I just moved to Doha from US. I am originally from India, I live in West bay, if you are interested in meet let me know, also did you ever got to the face book page mentioned above?
Latest post on 19 September 2015 - 00:58
Hi I would like to join the group too ladies!! Pls let me know as well! Thank you!
Latest post on 18 September 2015 - 16:29
that link should work if not Girls Who Brunch - Doha, Qatar
Latest post on 18 September 2015 - 16:17
Hi I have looked for this on Facebook but can only find Ladies who Brunch in the US...where do I find the Doha one?? I'd like to join too ? try copy this https://www.facebook.com/search/str/Girls%20Who%20Brunch%20-%20Doha%2C%20Qatar/keywords_top
Latest post on 17 September 2015 - 17:43
Hi I have looked for this on Facebook but can only find Ladies who Brunch in the US...where do I find the Doha one?? I'd like to join too ?
Latest post on 17 September 2015 - 11:17
I have recently moved to Doha, living in Madinat Khalifa. I run a business and workon on UK time so my weekends are still Saturday and Sunday, but as my husband works here I'm left with Sunday's on my own and I need to take this opportunity to reach out to people and build up a network of friends. I'm 31, from the UK with 2 kids a 5 year old and an 11 month old. I want to take this opportunity to meet some people and am happy to jump in a taxi and meet up! Hi laysam, Take a look at this thread: http://www.expatwoman.com/forum/topic223289-anyone-fancies-a-meetup-forum24.aspx HTH EW Admin
Latest post on 13 September 2015 - 21:06
hello, this site is hard to talk to people because their is no private messaging and the site deletes your name if you put it up for people to add you on Facebook. Their is a group called Ladies who brunch on Facebook all around 30 some with children too we do different things (I'm new to it to) but basically you can put up a post and say who's keen to meet sunday :)