Update on junior doctors' petition | ExpatWoman.com

Update on junior doctors' petition

Latest post on 03 October 2015 - 21:22
Many thanks to all who have signed the petitions. Here is a link to a video just created by junior doctors, that put their side to the 'sound bites' coming from Jeremy Hunt. [url=https://www.facebook.com/salwa.malik.9/videos/10100435995555435/'>link[/url'> if you're interested in reading some of the background to where Hunt superficially gets his information from, this is a good article: [url=https://abrainiablog.wordpress.com/2015/07/22/a-date-with-death/'>link[/url'> Please remember that the junior doctors don't want to take industrial action, but neither do they want to lose around 30% of their salaries, or work for longer numbers of hours with no legal protection, leading to exhausted doctors and subsequent risk to patient safety. Also, please keep in mind that they don't do 'overtime'; another word that is being bandied around derogatorily to suggest that this is the reason why the doctors are so upset. They are rota-ed, with no choice in the matter - days, long days, nights, weekends, with their hours averaged over a month (including days off and annual leave) to suggest that their hours are compliant. Without these doctors there is no NHS, but without them neither are there consultants in the future, when the push to privatisation has succeeded. Support the junior doctors; preserve the NHS for yourselves and your families.
Latest post on 29 September 2015 - 10:02
Very strange indeed that posts have been removed from here. Crocus, I think it's great that you're taking the time to do this. The dishy doctors are just a bonus too :) Hear hear !!!!
Latest post on 29 September 2015 - 09:59
Thanks Seasand - and he's quite dishy too, isn't he? ;) Just to repeat something from the update for anyone else, the Daily Express has now taken up this ludicrous situation as one of their 'Express Crusades', so please can as many people sign as possible. http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/607716/Express-crusade-NHS-junior-doctor-crisis-sign-petition Many thanks, and good luck to your daughter, Seasand. xx Ahhh thank you Crocus. Yes he is quite a dish... ha ha. Keep up the great work. You're a star. xx
Latest post on 29 September 2015 - 07:08
Very strange indeed that posts have been removed from here. Crocus, I think it's great that you're taking the time to do this. The dishy doctors are just a bonus too :)
Latest post on 29 September 2015 - 07:00
Thanks Seasand - and he's quite dishy too, isn't he? ;) Just to repeat something from the update for anyone else, the Daily Express has now taken up this ludicrous situation as one of their 'Express Crusades', so please can as many people sign as possible. http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/607716/Express-crusade-NHS-junior-doctor-crisis-sign-petition Many thanks, and good luck to your daughter, Seasand. xx
Latest post on 28 September 2015 - 23:47
Thank you for signing this new petition. Seasand, you are going to suffer agonies through your daughter! I find I am angry and frustrated with what they are doing to these young people, because I see first hand how very, very hard they work, and the lack of family life. One perfect example of how they, forgive the language, screw them around is on hours, when they [b'>average[/b'> the working hours over a month - including days off and annual leave! So my daughter-in-law has just had 6 days holiday; since then she has been rota-ed to work 15-hour days every day. She's on day five, and has already done 75 hours + all the unpaid hours that they end up doing because of lack of staff. But that's alright, because divide 75 by 11 - why are you complaining, it's under 7 hours a day! It's one example of the duplicitous way that the Trust boards and the government are working them into the ground. All this PLUS a pay cut! As you say, there really is no wonder that so many are planning to leave. Stop this new contract, and most will probably stay, at least until they finish their training (which might be 8-10years after they graduate). Do have a look at this YouTube short video song; says it all really! http://youtu.be/DJDjmPTk0cY Me and many many thousands of others agree with everything you're saying Crocus, even though posts get removed from here. Everyone should sign it !!!! Love the video too. Pinched it for Facebook. xxxxx
Latest post on 28 September 2015 - 20:32
Why is admin removing posts from here? I gave the update and it's been removed to the UK board - why? It's not aimed at people in the UK! Also, how ridiculous does it look to have 1) me saying there's an update and not having an update to see, and 2) me replying to a post (Seasand) that's not there any more. Sorry, but some actions don't make sense.
Latest post on 27 September 2015 - 21:48
Thank you for signing this new petition. Seasand, you are going to suffer agonies through your daughter! I find I am angry and frustrated with what they are doing to these young people, because I see first hand how very, very hard they work, and the lack of family life. One perfect example of how they, forgive the language, screw them around is on hours, when they [b'>average[/b'> the working hours over a month - including days off and annual leave! So my daughter-in-law has just had 6 days holiday; since then she has been rota-ed to work 15-hour days every day. She's on day five, and has already done 75 hours + all the unpaid hours that they end up doing because of lack of staff. But that's alright, because divide 75 by 11 - why are you complaining, it's under 7 hours a day! It's one example of the duplicitous way that the Trust boards and the government are working them into the ground. All this PLUS a pay cut! As you say, there really is no wonder that so many are planning to leave. Stop this new contract, and most will probably stay, at least until they finish their training (which might be 8-10years after they graduate). Do have a look at this YouTube short video song; says it all really! http://youtu.be/DJDjmPTk0cY
Latest post on 27 September 2015 - 12:14
I was in the UK a couple of weeks ago and read all about this. The NHS remains, and should remain, a national treasure. The idea that US style health insurance is the way to go is ludicrous. They have one of the most expensive health care systems in the world, why would anyone want to copy that. Unless of course they stood to benefit directly from it.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY