help! Must return to uk half way thru y12 a level | ExpatWoman.com

help! Must return to uk half way thru y12 a level

Latest post on 27 September 2015 - 14:12

Hi all, we've been here five years and suddenly my hubby has just been told he lost his job. Massive job cuts where he works. Many many problems Obviously but there you go. My question is: will my 16 year old find a place in a school upon our return in a few weeks? He currently is a year 12 student in Doha College. Any advice much much appreciated.

Latest post on 27 September 2015 - 17:20
Have a look at the local Education Authority website for details of how to apply for an 'in term' transfer. I know for Hertfordshire they have a list of schools and whether they have places or not. When it comes to private schools it would be best to contact them direct to ask if they offer the same exam board as you son is under at the moment. Good luck.
Latest post on 27 September 2015 - 16:46
Hi all, we've been here five years and suddenly my hubby has just been told he lost his job. Massive job cuts where he works. Many many problems Obviously but there you go. My question is: will my 16 year old find a place in a school upon our return in a few weeks? He currently is a year 12 student in Doha College. Any advice much much appreciated. I would contact the schools in the area you are going back to They would give better advice than any forum can :-)