Gyoza wrappers | ExpatWoman.com

Gyoza wrappers

Latest post on 29 September 2015 - 15:10

Hi ladies,
Has anyone seen these anywhere? I saw on google someone found them in Lulu Barsha in 2012, but I'm not willing to go unless I'm sure they're there :)
TIA

Latest post on 01 October 2015 - 22:39
Thank you lovelies for the information, I went straight to LULU from work and nabbed some gyoza wrappers and spring roll wrappers, and while I was at it I found the Japanese food aisle and grabbed some miso paste and wakame but I forgot to look for dashi (bonito fish stock powder), as it's been literally almost 20 years since I made it last - I used to cook Japanese food all the time. i ended up making it anyway and substituting the dashi with soy sauce and sugar and it wasn't too bad, but do any of you happen to have seen it for sale anywhere? I didn't look for it at Lulu. Soy sauce and sugar as a substitute for dashi? Who gave you that recipe...I don't think I've ever had either in my miso soup. Is it something from a particular region in Japan? If I were you and you don't find the dashi stock, you should just make the miso soup with just the miso. I couldn't even begin to fathom what miso soup tastes like with soy sauce and sugar in it. I do use the soy sauce/sugar combo to make other soup bases like to poach fish, but never in miso soup.
Latest post on 01 October 2015 - 13:20
Thank you lovelies for the information, I went straight to LULU from work and nabbed some gyoza wrappers and spring roll wrappers, and while I was at it I found the Japanese food aisle and grabbed some miso paste and wakame but I forgot to look for dashi (bonito fish stock powder), as it's been literally almost 20 years since I made it last - I used to cook Japanese food all the time. i ended up making it anyway and substituting the dashi with soy sauce and sugar and it wasn't too bad, but do any of you happen to have seen it for sale anywhere? I didn't look for it at Lulu.
Latest post on 30 September 2015 - 08:40
Thanks a lot ladies. I haven't made gyoza in about 18 years :D I'm looking forward to it.
Latest post on 29 September 2015 - 19:04
They are still in Lulu Al Barsha, along with around 5 types of won ton skins which are fresh (in the fridge as opposed to freezer). I bought these around a month ago. Happy eating :-)
Latest post on 29 September 2015 - 16:23
I got them from the freezer section in Spinneys at South Ridge Downtown. I think I have seen them in Waitrose but I'm not positive.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY