Air humidifier vs Air purifier - Just want that fresh air feel through the apartment | ExpatWoman.com

Air humidifier vs Air purifier - Just want that fresh air feel through the apartment

Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 12:13
Q to the ones who own the purifyer already, do you switch the air purifyer on the entire day/night? i am wondering if you need to switch it on permanently, we do have an 'auto' button which I have to investigate what it means but I hope it means that it switches itself off automatically once the air in that particular room has been cleaned. (I wish Dubai's next big project is an indoor Forest with real trees, which would copy the European seasons :), i would go there every weekend):)
Latest post on 03 October 2015 - 19:43
Thanks for the replies. Air purifier certainly seems best then. Saw some in Carrefour yesterday. They're pretty big! But definitely sound the best solution for what I'm after.
Latest post on 02 October 2015 - 13:37
We have both, but bought them separately. Humidifier can be useful in winter, when desert air is quite dry. Purifyer I bought for kid's room. When the door is closed and the thing is running I have a feeling the air is better than in other rooms. So, would go for a purifyer if you want fresher air.
Latest post on 02 October 2015 - 13:37
We have both, but bought them separately. Humidifier can be useful in winter, when desert air is quite dry. Purifyer I bought for kid's room. When the door is closed and the thing is running I have a feeling the air is better than in other rooms. So, would go for a purifyer if you want fresher air.
Latest post on 01 October 2015 - 16:11
we also recently bought the LG Air Purifier & Humidifier from LG Shop in the Dubai Mall. We have not had to clean it yet but it does not look complicated. We just bought one and we will move from one room to the other as it was expensive. So we do few days living room, then one bedroom, then the other bedroom.
Latest post on 01 October 2015 - 15:40
I have air purifiers in every room of my house. I've tried several brands. Most larger air purifiers come with the humidifier option (I feel like Dubai is humid enough already so I never use that feature). When purchasing you need to consider the size of the room you want to use it, some are suitable for 10m2 and others for 25m2 etc. Also have the salesman show you how to open it up and clean it. Some are completely washable whereas others you need to buy disposable filters for. LG is the easiest to buy filters for as they always have them in stock at the Lg shop in the mall. I've found certain LG models, hitachi and sharp easy to clean. All the pieces are numbered and it's written what you wash with water and what you just brush dry. One older LG model (I gave it away) was overly complicated to clean and I had trouble closing it, it opened like a cassette player. So the best thing is to test it out in the shop. I really think they make a difference improving the air quality. My filters are always looking really dusty so I'm sure it does something.
Latest post on 01 October 2015 - 15:18
Hello ladies, One of the things I really miss about living in cooler climates is being able to open all the windows and doors of the house to get some fresh air throughout. Obviously living in such a hot and sandy country now, this isn't possible. So what can I buy to try and replicate this? I always see these humidifiers ad purifiers in the malls and wondered if they'd help. So I've done a little research and have found that basically: Air humidifiers literally release water into the air. Benefits of this include helping with allergies and dry skin etc but they do not actually work to clean the air. Plus if you don't look after them they can release bacteria into the air which you will then breathe in. Air purifiers work to purify/clean the air of dust, smells (such as stale smoke) but some types can also cause inflammation of the respiratory system. Neither my husband or I have any breathing ailments, all we want is to occasionally give our apartment that fresh air feel we used to get from opening the windows. So which type of air thingy would you suggest we get? Is one more expensive than the other? Require more maintenance and parts? Is there anything else you ladies could suggest I buy?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY