Relocating my cat Australia. | ExpatWoman.com

Relocating my cat Australia.

Latest post on 03 October 2015 - 15:19

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has sent their pet to Australia or New Zealand, what company did you use and how long was your pet in quarantine? I am re-locating home and desperately want to take my fur baby with me. Also what was the cost? So many questions, I just want to make sure I get it right befor I put can put him on a flight.

Any advice would hugely appreciated.

Thanks

Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 09 October 2015 - 12:35
The problems you will encounter will be with the quarantine in Australia, not here in the UAE (DKC see terrific agents - from experience I highly recommend them). When I took my dog (toy poodle) back a few years ago she spent, what then was the minimum quarantine period, 30 days, in Syney quarantine. I was in Brisbane. Although I called daily to enquire about her health, they never told me she was fretting badly, not eating, would not stand up. When I collected her at Brisbane airport, she was so thin she was unable to stand up, although I had paid extra for regular grooming, she obviously had not been bathed or brushed. I called to complain only to be told that she did like the food provided and had not been happy. I asked why I had not been informed and was told that it was not their responsibility. I enquired from various authorities but found there was little or nothing I could do so out this facility. Basically, they have no care or concern about their wards. We have since left Australia again and I swore I would never take another animal into the country while quarantine laws for pets remain the same. My dog did recover, very slowly; she was traumatized for a long time. She became very clingy and hates to leave my side. I am happy to report that she is now 15 years old.
Latest post on 04 October 2015 - 08:02
Thanks for that, will do. :)
Latest post on 03 October 2015 - 22:12
Dubai Kennels and Cattery DKC are very professional. Also do a search on EW for old threads covering this issue. I do know that the rabies shot applies and needs to be given a certain period prior to leaving. Not sure of all the nuts and bolts but it is all available either searching the web or on here. All the best. ETA put this request on the main forum, it gets the most traffic.
Latest post on 03 October 2015 - 19:15
You can check with Emirates Sky cargo. http://www.skycargo.com/english/products-and-services/live-animals-pets/ I always feel sorry for the pets, they can be really stressed out by the noise, heat, etc.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY