visa run hire car | ExpatWoman.com

visa run hire car

Latest post on 03 October 2015 - 21:55

hello all, I am really hoping someone can give me some advice. me and my three children need to do a visa run from Dubai but only have a hire car. I have heard you can walk across the border but wondered if anyone has experience of this and would you recommend? my children are 7minth twins and four years so don't really want to walk if it is to far. I have been with a company previously but am trying to do it cheaper this time.

Any knowledge or advice would be really great.

thanks

Latest post on 04 October 2015 - 11:09
Perfect, thank you so much
Latest post on 04 October 2015 - 10:06
26.051467, 56.087996 these are the coordinates to the border crossing UmmSalah is referring too. you can also put in the GPS al Jeer port, as its right next door. You can take E11 all the way there, going through sharjah and ajman, or you can take sheikh mohamed bin zayed too RAK, then loop back onto E11. My only advice is not to go on a weekend, as I once had to wait in the line for over an hour on a Thursday evening. best of luck
Latest post on 04 October 2015 - 08:07
Thank you so much for the reply. just so I don't get the wrong border do you have directions or something Incan search for to look directions up to do this run? Thanks again for the reply have been stressing about this all weekend!
Latest post on 03 October 2015 - 22:40
yes! But only at one particular border crossing, the one past RAK, not Hatta. We just did this a few weeks ago since we were in the same situation with our rental car. Now, you *can* get written permission from the rental car dealer to go to Oman and pay 100aed for Oman insurance at the border to be able to drive across, but we found out about that on the same day and didn't have time to get it. So we drove through Ajman and RAK to the northern border towards Musandam instead of Hatta, because it's just a few meters between the UAE & Oman border posts and easily walkable. We just parked on the UAE side, got our exit stamps, walked with the stroller to the Oman post, got them to process entry & exit stamps, and walked back to the UAE post for re-entry. A couple of other families were doing the same thing and it was very quick and easy - 1 hour total at the border, maximum. Plus abut 1.5 hours drive to and from the border there from where we live in Dubai, so 4 h. Hatta on the other hand has several kilometers between the UAE & Oman offices so it's not walkable.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY