Doctor May Abdul Jabar Ali | ExpatWoman.com

Doctor May Abdul Jabar Ali

Latest post on 04 October 2015 - 11:54

Hello, I am trying to find some reviews on Dr. May Abdul Jabar Ali but I can't find anything at all. Has anyone used her for their delivery? She is now based at Al Zahra, I would be so grateful for any feedback.
Thank you!

Latest post on 04 May 2017 - 13:19
Update. My review on my experience with Dr. May Abdul Jabar Ali:
 I used to follow up with her on my pregnancy from day one when she was in Al Zahra Hospital (as now she has moved to Saudi German Hospital). However, due to the incidents mentioned below I opted to change her in week 38.
 The first incident that happened with her was when she let me wait for her one and a half hours only during a scheduled and confirmed appointment to discover that she had an operation (without informing me before hand) and after waiting that long the nurse called my name for blood pressure and temperature check up only to find out that the she left as she thought I was not waiting for her. The least she could have done was to call me (or check with her nurse) why I am not there (although I was) instead of just leaving without asking. This made me furious of course for waiting that long only to find she is no longer there and I either reschedule or see another doctor! Second incident was that I found myself constantly reminding her of what tests and procedures that needs to be done (although it should be the other way round). For example she didn’t ask if I did the vaginal test swab and when I reminded her she was like oh yes you should do that. 
 Third incident was that she prescribed me my medicine and when I went to the pharmacy to take them the pharmacist informed me there was nothing prescribed to you by the doctor and that she already has left. After he managed to get a hold of her, she informed him what medicine should be prescribed to me. The pharmacist told me she said that she forgot to do it before she leaves! Forth Incident (and the deal breaker) was that on week 37 she told me that she recommends to have induced labor as she believed that the baby was underweight and not growing much and that it was better to monitor the baby outside than inside my womb. I found her decision strange as the baby’s heart rate was within normal range, the amniotic fluid was suffice and the baby was healthy and active. Surprisingly she was basing her decision only on the ultra-sound which is not an accurate measure but just an indication. My husband and I rejected the idea however we thought of going to another doctor for a second opinion. The doctor that examined me and reviewed my file with the history of the pregnancy confirmed our decision and strongly argued that there was no reason at all for having pre due date induced labor and that myself and the baby are in good health. In our next appointment with Dr. May we made it clear that we don’t want to go for induced labor and we will wait for the full term pregnancy naturally. I had the feeling that she didn’t like our decision and felt challenged as she kept on pushing her point of view instead of respecting our decision. Nevertheless she advised to continue with CTG every 3 to 4 days to check the baby’s heart rate and if I had any contractions until I reach full term (week 40). In week 39 when I did my CTG, the nurse has informed me that Dr. May went on “emergency leave” and will be back by next week. I was shocked that the doctor didn’t have the decency to inform me herself that she will be traveling during the time that I am expected to deliver and that she would hand over my file to another doctor. This made me wonder of her intentions and why she wanted me to get induced in the first place! (so that it would be more convenient to her that was the only reason I came up with).
 After that last incidence I took the decision to change Dr. May although I was at the end of my pregnancy but I simply didn't trust her anymore. I continued my last couple of weeks with Dr Nirmala in Al Zahra hospital who was caring, brilliant and well experienced. I have given birth between week 41 days and 42 (first child) to a healthy baby girl (Thank God) weighing 7.2 Pounds (not under weight as Dr. May kept telling me) Dr. May never called back to check on me (whether I gave birth or not) after she came back from her “emergency leave” which proves to me how unprofessional she was and not caring about her patients. 
 I can summarize by saying that I did not have a good experience with Dr. May and strongly don’t recommend.
Latest post on 21 December 2016 - 18:38
Hi Ladies I want to ask about your delivery experience with Dr May and in al zahra hospital in general. Thanks alot in advance. M
Latest post on 12 October 2015 - 11:32
She's my doctor but I've never been under pregnancy care with her. However, I just found out that I'm pregnant so I'm booked to see her on Wednesday. Wish me luck! Is she your doctor too? I love her warmth and her bedside manners. I've been to three doctors and they have no bedside manners at all. I think I'm sticking with Dr. May for this pregnancy.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY