UK Pension | ExpatWoman.com

UK Pension

Latest post on 04 October 2015 - 13:15

Has anyone successfully moved their UK pension off shore since the change in the rules??
If so, who did you use?

We were using a large investment company locally to do this, but they appear to have done absolutely nothing, except waste our time. Now the documents we signed have apparently gone missing, so they want us to start again. Rather not, hence my question.

Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 14:35
Geordie Expat - we were led to believe everything was on track, filled in the million forms etc, and went off on holiday with no worries. Came back to a call from Deveres in Abu Dhabi, saying that everything is now being run from Abu Dhabi, and , when asked, had no idea about the pension. Then they tried to say that the rules had changed and we hadn't filled in the correct forms, but we had already completed the forms he then sent by email.So they were the correct forms initially anyway. Didn't fill me with confidence at all. From what he was saying PIC in Dubai , who we were dealing with, has closed. PIC are definitely still operating in Dubai. They have moved offices to The Marina area
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 13:18
Geordie Expat - we were led to believe everything was on track, filled in the million forms etc, and went off on holiday with no worries. Came back to a call from Deveres in Abu Dhabi, saying that everything is now being run from Abu Dhabi, and , when asked, had no idea about the pension. Then they tried to say that the rules had changed and we hadn't filled in the correct forms, but we had already completed the forms he then sent by email.So they were the correct forms initially anyway. Didn't fill me with confidence at all. From what he was saying PIC in Dubai , who we were dealing with, has closed.
Latest post on 05 October 2015 - 14:18
Thanks sh12, but guess which company let us down??!!! Lally, the big advantage to moving our pension is that, should anything happen to my husband (his is the much bigger pension pot), I can still have the money. If we leave it in UK and anything happens, I lose it! Geordie Expat - who did you use?? We also use PIC (******* as was), my pot has doubled and my DHs almost the same :)
Latest post on 05 October 2015 - 14:16
Thanks sh12, but guess which company let us down??!!! Lally, the big advantage to moving our pension is that, should anything happen to my husband (his is the much bigger pension pot), I can still have the money. If we leave it in UK and anything happens, I lose it! Geordie Expat - who did you use??
Latest post on 04 October 2015 - 17:34
You will probably hear good and bad about anyone mentioned but we didn't have a good experience with them. I took advice when back in the UK in the summer and because I am planning to retire back to the UK, was advised to leave it where it was. There didn't seem to be enough advantages to moving it off-shore for me. If anyone can give the pros and cons to moving it off-shore in easy to understand language (!), I would love to hear them. We have used an excellent guy here and the advantage for us is as follows. We can use the money as we wish when we retire, also it means when one of us goes first the person left is guaranteed to have access to everything in the others pension pot. Also we have been able to pick and choose where we have invested the money we originally transferred and also any bonus received.
Latest post on 04 October 2015 - 16:24
You will probably hear good and bad about anyone mentioned but we didn't have a good experience with them. I took advice when back in the UK in the summer and because I am planning to retire back to the UK, was advised to leave it where it was. There didn't seem to be enough advantages to moving it off-shore for me. If anyone can give the pros and cons to moving it off-shore in easy to understand language (!), I would love to hear them.
Latest post on 04 October 2015 - 15:41
Beware of Financial Advisors here as some of them are just interested in the commission they will receive and not about the advise they are giving you.
Latest post on 04 October 2015 - 13:57
Yes I have. Use PIC, guy called P_a_u_l E_v_a_n_s

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY