Removal companies moving woth Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Removal companies moving woth Dubai

Latest post on 04 October 2015 - 15:46

Hi everyone,

After 7 yrs living in the same apartment our LL has sold the apartment and now we're looking to book removal companies around mid Feb next yr.

Firstly is it true you have to book removal companies early? We never moved within Dubai so am a ittle nervous as we have quite a lot of stuff and worried abt things breaking and going missing which we experienced when we moved from the UK to here.

Secondly, storage is another thing in case some of our furniture won't fit in the new place. Can someone recommend a company that they have used recently? Any good or bad experience and cost?

Thirdly,I appreciate any experience good or bad with removal companies. Im looking for a trust worthy company who are very careful with handling delicate household goods and hassle free.

Last thing I need when I move for the first time in Dubai is all the Drama and choas!

So not looking forward to this experience.

TIA :cry:

Latest post on 16 November 2015 - 11:50
Hi ladies, Apologise for not replying. Not logged in for few days. Many thanks for all your suggestions everyone. I will make note of the names and numbers. @Elladubai Many thanks for your advice. I've already started decluttering over the summer have a few bits to get rid of which am sorting out atm. I cannot believe how much we have kept and thinking we might need it later. We had to be ruthless. I've taken onboard your advice. Many thanks really appreciate it. One last thing to add. Has anyone heard or used Atlas Movers. Any experience good or bad with them? TIA i think you should read some moving reviews http://movingreviews.org/ or something like that ... you will get moving quotes form different movers by filling the form www.localmoversuae.com . wishing best luck for your move :cool: Hi Joly, Just seen this post now. Thanks for that. Just what am looking Just booked 2 companies in for quotes this Saturday and many more to come. Fingers crossed.
Latest post on 10 November 2015 - 13:49
Hi ladies, Apologise for not replying. Not logged in for few days. Many thanks for all your suggestions everyone. I will make note of the names and numbers. @Elladubai Many thanks for your advice. I've already started decluttering over the summer have a few bits to get rid of which am sorting out atm. I cannot believe how much we have kept and thinking we might need it later. We had to be ruthless. I've taken onboard your advice. Many thanks really appreciate it. One last thing to add. Has anyone heard or used Atlas Movers. Any experience good or bad with them? TIA i think you should read some moving reviews http://movingreviews.org/ or something like that ... you will get moving quotes form different movers by filling the form www.localmoversuae.com . wishing best luck for your move :cool:
Latest post on 13 October 2015 - 11:01
Hi ladies, Apologise for not replying. Not logged in for few days. Many thanks for all your suggestions everyone. I will make note of the names and numbers. @Elladubai Many thanks for your advice. I've already started decluttering over the summer have a few bits to get rid of which am sorting out atm. I cannot believe how much we have kept and thinking we might need it later. We had to be ruthless. I've taken onboard your advice. Many thanks really appreciate it. One last thing to add. Has anyone heard or used Atlas Movers. Any experience good or bad with them? TIA
Latest post on 07 October 2015 - 08:58
Pls excuse the typo - where everything in the house had 1 OF 3 destinations and had a different colour Post It Note on it
Latest post on 07 October 2015 - 08:54
I used On The Move this past July. They were VERY professional. Plus, fast, organised, friendly, punctual and polite. Tel 04 884 7705. Ask for Jen Housecroft. She will come over, see how much stuff you have and give you a quotation in writing within 24 - 48 hours. Let her know if certain large items in any room (beds, sofas, tables, etc) will not be going to the new house. If you book them, she will email you forms to fill out and encourage you to get insurance for the most valuable/expensive items. Not because the Packers will break them, but because you can never predict what will happen on the road here! They can even supply you with boxes and bubble wrap 2 or 3 weeks before you move, if there are things you want to pack yourself. I let them pack the most delicate items in our house; some of which are ridiculously small and very easy to break and NOT ONE thing was broken! (I was so happy) They moved our TV, Wedding China and Crystal, small glass and crystal animal figurines (I've been collecting little elephants from all over the world since I was a girl), fragile antique cabinets, numerous paintings, framed photos, water glasses, etc. Nothing was even chipped. We moved our Telescope, but should have let them do it. They are that good. If you let them know in advance that you might need some storage for 2 - 4 weeks, they can plan for that. If you need long term storage, no moving company can or will provide that and you need to use a storage company. On The Move once did a move where everything in the house had 1 or 3 destinations and had a different colour Post It Note on it. ie yellow for moving to the new house in Dubai, pink for shipping out of Dubai and blue for temporary storage. The Packers didn't have one item not in the correct place when the 3 day job was done. Even with the coloured Post Its, most companies would have jumbled it all up! My suggestion for you because you have been at your place for 7 years... that means there is A LOT of stuff at the back of drawers, in closets, etc that you and your family do not use or need. Start de-cluttering NOW - clothes, books, DVDs, toys, papers, files, kitchen stuff, etc. There is no point moving rubbish you don't ever use, need or is broken. As for your stuff fitting in the new place... In Dec/Jan, sell off or donate any furniture, etc you don't want at the new place. Then measure the large items that you will be taking (beds, dining table and chairs, sofas, etc) Write down Length, Width or Depth and Height in a little notebook and keep it with a tape measure. When you are looking at potential new places, take the notebook and tape measure with you. If the rooms look smaller or there is not built in storage like your current apartment has, use the book and tape measure to check if stuff will fit. If done correctly, you should not find that you've moved and your stuff doesn't fit. Moving isn't fun, but it does not have to be stressful IF you de-clutter, get organized and hire a decent company. I've known people to have horrible moves here because they used cheap, unprofessional companies who didn't come assess and do a quotation, were late or no shows, didn't bring enough packing supplies or packers, etc. You've got several good recommendations here, so hope you have an easy move next year - good luck with it all!
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 15:35
I'd recommend Diamo Group, they do local and international moves as well as storage!
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 14:33
I've used easytruck twice now & they have been great both times, I'm not sure if they have storage, but their staff were very polite, busy & on time too. i would have no hesitation in recommending them or using them again. The first time I used them, I called 3 days in advance & they fitted me in and that was over the easter time. I was delighted with them.
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 12:36
[b'>I used Sana Movers last week.The movers arrived on time and they immediately got cracking and started to pack the home. They never stopped working till the boxes was fully loaded in the truck. Following that the staff was very helpful and courteous. They unpacked as per our instructions in the new home properly. Basically it was a fantastic team and i am recommending to everybody.[/b'> [b'>www.sanamovers.com[/b'>
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 11:15
Contact ProMove a guy called Chris Meyrick. He moved us and was brilliant. He also does storage and International moves.
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 10:22
Bump. Anyone used a company lately or can recommend one please. Thanks.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY