Sending maid to Kish Island while we do a visit visa for her | ExpatWoman.com

Sending maid to Kish Island while we do a visit visa for her

Latest post on 05 October 2015 - 23:32

Hello everyone,
I want to hire a Philippino lady as a maid. She works for another family now and her visa expires on Oct 15. Her current employer wants to send her back to Philippines and doesn't want to give her the cancellation slip after cancelling her visa so we can not proceed with issuing a new visa. He also keeps her passport and will give it to her only at the airport.
I would like to ask if she needs to board the flight to the Philippines after she's been checked in and after having her visa cancelled at the airport by her current employer or she can still stay in the country during her 30-days grace period so we can start the status change.
My plan is to take her from the airport after she's been already cancelled and to send her to Kish island while we get her a visit visa to come back. She is happy with this option, I just don't know if it will work out. She will still be within her 30- days grace period when her current employer wants to send her back to her country so it should not be a problem for her to stay in Dubai if she does not board the flight and exit the next day to Kish. Has anyone done that or have any suggestions on how to handle this situation?

Second issue is that her current employer wants her to work during her grace period after her visa has already expired. Is he in his right to do that?

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!

Latest post on 09 October 2015 - 08:33
This somehow rings many bells for me. Why does the previous employer want her to work during her grace period, why is he refusing to let her stay in the country and get a new job? If I were you, I'd talk to him. He'll get his deposit back as soon as you've issued a new visa for her. But no, once she's checked in there's no way for her to leave the airport. She's going to have to board the plain. And you don't want her in Kush for 3-4 weeks either. A week if need be, but certainly not longer.
Latest post on 08 October 2015 - 01:03
Once she went through immigration at the airport, she has left the country. That ends any grace period. She will not be able to reenter from the airport without a new valid UAE entry visa. The ex employer will stay with her at the airport until she goes through immigration and will wait until her passport will be stamped. This is because he will only get back the deposit he paid when she leaves the country. Immigration will stamp the passport and the cancellation paper, and give the cancellation paper back to the ex employer. Your "plan" is flawed in many ways. Additionally, I fail to see why sitting in Kish island and waiting 3-4 weeks until you process the visa is better for either her or you than if she waits in the Philippines. Have you calculated with the extra hotel cost? Have you considered what will happen if it turns out that the ex employer put a ban on her visa, and you cannot bring her back here? I suggest you call the employer and talk to them. Many times maids just complain on previous employers to make you feel sorry for them. there is a chance that he will not mind transferring her visa at all, he just wants to make sure she is not staying in the country illegally, as that is a problem for him. In any case - transfer or leaving the country - try not to cut corners, it would cause more headache than good. Good luck.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY