Compulsory MMR vaccination in schools | ExpatWoman.com

Compulsory MMR vaccination in schools

Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 06:03

Is this an extra booster for everyone?

Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 18:16
It's NOT compulsory. If your kids had it before, you can just sign a form and show the vaccination record. It's a good initiative from the government to make sure every child got such an important vaccine. That what I was told, when I recived the letter. And there was not even ones mention 3 dose. A lot of kids in Dubai didn't recive the second dose, that's why they send this out. When I took the paper to the school nurse she told me that. My kid was vaccinated this year (second dose)- NO way to give him onother dose the same year.
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 17:10
It's NOT compulsory. If your kids had it before, you can just sign a form and show the vaccination record. It's a good initiative from the government to make sure every child got such an important vaccine.
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 17:04
Hi Alismum, yes I did give a copy of the vaccination book showing that DD has had 2 shots of MMR already, and I totally agree derien....I don't see why if they have had the 2 they need a 3rd. hope1more, the schools are handing out a new form sent to them by government...and I agree sheikhandbake, I suspect it will disappear.....fingers crossed anyway! I could understand it more if they were insisting that all 2nd doses had to be done, but not a 3rd. In some cases some kids will only have had their 2nd recently....
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 15:10
Both my kids have had 2 x MMR. I am not prepared to give them a third shot. I have marked NO on the form and provided medical records of the vaccinations. Why would they require a 3rd dose?
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 14:46
Is this being asked in anyone else's home countries ? Just here ? Have there been recent cases? Just curious of why a third dose is being asked of some why all of the sudden
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 14:36
Our school has also sent the letter, again compulsory , unless we provide a medical cert proving otherwise. Our children have had their 2 doses and I'm not prepared to give them a third. We rang our family doctor and she said she can provide a letter to attach to the form saying they have had 2 doses, I think it's going to be useless ,' compulsory regardless of doses given 'says it all really. No one seems to be able to give any information on what the side effects are on a third dose!! Is it good, eg a booster? Or are we doing harm giving them 3 doses. I am confused, fed up and I don't know what to do.
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 14:28
Schools are being told that children need to be given the MMR vaccine whether or not they've already had the two doses. Our school is handing out exemption forms where you have to submit documentation that they've already had it. Our school clearly does not want to waste all the school time giving shots to children that have already had them. It's another completely ridiculous initiative that will die out over time ...
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 14:25
https://www.dha.gov.ae/EN/SectorsDirectorates/Sectors/HealthPolicy/PublicHealth/Immunization/Pages/default.aspx Only 2 doses and that's it. I don't know where did you get the information about third dose.
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 14:19
Excuse my ignorance but I have not gotten this letter and find it concerning. Why would an extra dose be required ( and at such a young age ) ? I was always told both doses were enough.
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 14:16
Hi, its an extra dose on top of the 2 most children already have, according to the letter we have had, via school, from Dubai Government, it is compulsory unless you have a good medical reason. It is apparently to try and eradicate measles. I understand the desire but like others have said, I am not happy about giving extra doses of vaccinations, like most parents I have followed all the rules and recommended vaccinations however I am not happy about the idea of being forced to give my child a 3rd MMR. I have ticked no on my form and will wait to see....... Did you give a copy of the vaccination history to the school with the form? Mine have had two already as well.
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 13:54
Hi, its an extra dose on top of the 2 most children already have, according to the letter we have had, via school, from Dubai Government, it is compulsory unless you have a good medical reason. It is apparently to try and eradicate measles. I understand the desire but like others have said, I am not happy about giving extra doses of vaccinations, like most parents I have followed all the rules and recommended vaccinations however I am not happy about the idea of being forced to give my child a 3rd MMR. I have ticked no on my form and will wait to see.......
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 13:03
I spoke to the school nurse today......apparently you can opt out of the re-vaccination by not giving consent and by proving that the kids have had 2 doses (copies of the red book for UK mums). I don't think pumping kids full of unnecessary vaccines (from unknown origins) is a good idea!
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 12:51
Are they offering only the second dose? Or both doses again? Is there any benefit of repeating it if you already had both doses?
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 12:45
Apparently it is compulsory even if your child has had the 2 doses......we have had a letter saying that unless we have supporting documents from a doctor then they will be insisting on the vaccination, and it is the MMR. This is all schools ? If you had both doses why more ? Sorry, I'm confused
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 12:27
Apparently it is compulsory even if your child has had the 2 doses......we have had a letter saying that unless we have supporting documents from a doctor then they will be insisting on the vaccination, and it is the MMR.
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 11:08
I thought the extra is only measles?? We received a letter for the routine MMR booster for PY1 , I'm sure it's only for Y1 students and it is optional. As we follow the MOH vaccine schedule we will go for it, we usually vaccinate in a private clinic and we pay for the vaccine , it is costly as we have the option to have it for free we will go for it.
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 07:25
You can opt out if you want to. Our school is handing out forms for that.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY