Dubai worse than Greece! | ExpatWoman.com

Dubai worse than Greece!

Latest post on 07 October 2015 - 14:10
It's a fluctuation/ correction linked to foreign currency. Fluctuations in property markets rarely have an impact on rental prices in the short term.
Latest post on 07 October 2015 - 13:45
It's all about risk and reward - take the rough with the smooth! I don't feel particularly sorry for landlords here....
Latest post on 07 October 2015 - 10:45
Funny how some people can't wait for crash in prices so they can benefit from lower rents, but have no consideration for the financial and legal burdens of the landlord who has to still pay the whopping mortgage payments even if the rent falls. There is such a huge risk to owning property in the UAE... rents need to remain high enough to cover the mortgage costs, service charges, vacant periods and upkeep. Property is a market driven by supply and demand, not a non profit social organisation! Supply and demand indeed. Just remember that the value of your property might go down as well as up. Are we meant to get the violins out for property speculators? Bring on the crash (and THEN future landlords can buy properties at more realistic prices...).
Latest post on 07 October 2015 - 10:43
Funny how some people can't wait for crash in prices so they can benefit from lower rents, but have no consideration for the financial and legal burdens of the landlord who has to still pay the whopping mortgage payments even if the rent falls. There is such a huge risk to owning property in the UAE... rents need to remain high enough to cover the mortgage costs, service charges, vacant periods and upkeep. Property is a market driven by supply and demand, not a non profit social organisation! Sorry, but landlords should not satisfy their investors' ambitions by making the rent way higher than it should be. Poor landlords maybe should sell their properties if the rentees are not willing to pay for their mortgages anymore. Obviously for some reason supply and demand does not really work here and many landlords would rather lock their houses than drop the prices.
Latest post on 07 October 2015 - 10:36
Funny how some people can't wait for crash in prices so they can benefit from lower rents, but have no consideration for the financial and legal burdens of the landlord who has to still pay the whopping mortgage payments even if the rent falls. There is such a huge risk to owning property in the UAE... rents need to remain high enough to cover the mortgage costs, service charges, vacant periods and upkeep. Property is a market driven by supply and demand, not a non profit social organisation!
Latest post on 07 October 2015 - 09:00
Also read somewhere yesterday that they will go back up again in 2017 due to 2020 The rents haven't come down at all where I live infact some have gone up!!!!
Latest post on 07 October 2015 - 08:45
Considering all the global factors and very low interest from russian and chinese investors, it is safe to assume that major reduction in property prices is coming very very soon, may be a repeat of 2007/2008. Atleast it would make the rents affordable.:cool:
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 20:42
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/dubai-apartment-prices-fall-11-more-declines-likely-608256.html
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 18:55
When will my rent drop then? If people aren't buying, would mean more are renting, so can't really see a huge drop in rent. Wrong. It's all about supply and demand. And a huge supply is being added to the market now. The prices will only go 1 direction from this moment. I hope you are right, as I am renting, but the conditions for buying in Dubai today, kind of makes it impossible for regular people to get into the market, therefore I think the landlords can play around quite a bit.
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 18:37
When will my rent drop then? If people aren't buying, would mean more are renting, so can't really see a huge drop in rent. Wrong. It's all about supply and demand. And a huge supply is being added to the market now. The prices will only go 1 direction from this moment.
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 17:18
When will my rent drop then? If people aren't buying, would mean more are renting, so can't really see a huge drop in rent.
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 10:43
When will my rent drop then?
Latest post on 06 October 2015 - 09:23
Dubai house prices fell in the two months to the end of August as the city’s property correction continued. According to new figures from broker CBRE, average house prices in Dubai dropped by another 2 per cent during the period, equating to a 6 per cent fall compared with the same period a year earlier. The figures came out on the eve of Dubai’s annual Cityscape Global property exhibition and follow after various reports, each of which made attempts to chart the city’s real estate slowdown. [b'>These include statistics published by rival broker Knight Frank last week showing that the Dubai residential property market was one of the worst-performing in the world in the second quarter of the year with greater price slumps than Greece, China and Ukraine.[/b'> Knight Frank estimated that average prices in Dubai fell 2.8 per cent in the three months to the end of June and 12.2 per cent compared with a year ­earlier. At the same time property data company Reidin reported a 4 per cent fall in Dubai house prices for the three months to the end of August. It said that average prices in the city stood 7 per cent lower than they had been six months ago and 10 per cent down on their level a year ago. And in a note published yesterday, HSBC estimated that property prices in Dubai at the end of August stood 9 per cent lower than a year earlier, while the number of real estate transactions fell by 15 per cent over the same period. At the start of 2015 JLL predicted that house prices would fall by about 10 per cent during the year. “I think we are pretty much on target to reach that sort of level [a 10 per cent fall'> over the year,” said Matthew Green, head of research at CBRE’s Dubai office. “Really what we are seeing is that recently implemented measures such as mortgage caps having the desired effect after the market raced ahead of itself for the previous two years,” he said. “Now we are expecting the slowdown to continue into 2016 as more stock comes on line and the market faces difficult economic ­headwinds from around the world.” CBRE added that housing rents in Dubai on average remained stable during the period making yields potentially more attractive to investors. The data contradicted Reidin figures which found that rents in the city were down 2 per cent over the last three months and 3 per cent over the last six months. “It’s a very fragmented market at the moment,” Mr Green said. “Although prices are falling, we are also seeing huge currency fluctuations. “So for anyone who bought in euros in Dubai and expects to see further price falls, it would still be possible to sell and still make a tidy profit simply due to the currency movements. This is again creating opportunities for other investors.” http://www.thenational.ae/business/property/dubai-property-correction-expected-to-continue-into-2016 Follow The National’s Business section on Twitter

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY