Work Visa swap from a Tourist Visa? | ExpatWoman.com

Work Visa swap from a Tourist Visa?

Latest post on 09 October 2015 - 07:24
We'll have to agree to disagree then lalala. I have the opposite experience to yours.
Latest post on 08 October 2015 - 14:05
Agree she needs to be careful Mary Catherine but I disagree that most companies have this policy. Some do but in my experience there's as many that don't as do. They announced a while back that they were changing a law so that you couldn't change from tourist to work-visa in country. Don't know whether it came in and also don't know whether you have to have left the country to apply for the work visa in the first place.
Latest post on 08 October 2015 - 06:45
Romain, be very careful with your employment contract then. Most companies have policies that prevent double dipping (where both spouses collect the same benefits from each of their employers). In my company, married couples have to fill out a form stating that their spouse (employed elsewhere) does not receive similar benefits such as housing, flights, education, transportation, etc. This could even cost one of you your employment if one of you works for a government or quasi-government organization. I do know of instances (colleagues) who tried to game the system, got caught, and had to repay all those benefits.
Latest post on 07 October 2015 - 23:12
yes he can but we decided against that for a few reasons: We would get less accommodation allowance and we need it as its so expensive to live here! If he lost his job for any reason we would all have to leave We might have got less school funding also, can't quite remember
Latest post on 07 October 2015 - 22:59
Hi Romain, Can your husband nor sponsor you to work in Doha? This is what I was expecting to do.
Latest post on 07 October 2015 - 14:28
Hi, I am currently in Doha on a tourist visa living with my husband who has an RP. I am due to start work in December and my hiring company are asking me to leave the country whilst the work Visa is processed which could take up to one month?? Has anyone else experienced this? I have three children here and we don't have a house in the UK any more so could be tricky!!