TMJ Disorder | ExpatWoman.com

TMJ Disorder

Latest post on 07 October 2015 - 15:34

Hi Ladies!

Anyone here suffers from TMJ disorder? If yes, which doctor have you seen in Dubai, or who do you recommend?
It is pretty hard to find anyone who understands this disorder or has any education about it.

Please help!

Thank you! :)

Latest post on 08 October 2015 - 10:22
I had TMJ symptoms for almost 6 months and ended up with a bite guard as I was grinding my teeth a lot in my sleep. When I changed jobs and almost all the pain went away the dentist said that it most probably had to do with the amount of talking I was required to do all day long while teaching, thus creating a teeth grinding habit.
Latest post on 08 October 2015 - 09:24
Hi Ladies! Anyone here suffers from TMJ disorder? If yes, which doctor have you seen in Dubai, or who do you recommend? It is pretty hard to find anyone who understands this disorder or has any education about it. Please help! Thank you! :) Yes, I did for many years and you need to see an excellent dentist. I had ground down my back teeth so bad they were like flat so did not grip together. My dentist build up my back teeth and to how they used to be and made me a very good night guard. I did not want to use it at first as I had so many in the past that were rubbish but he made a different one that works. He is the first person to actually fix my problem,it was all due to my poor bite. I havent had jaw ache in a year now. if you want his details, his name is dr chris johansson, he is at dr michaels at the umn sqeuin branch - 04 394 9433.
Latest post on 07 October 2015 - 18:15
My DH suffers terribly from it. He went to numerous ENT's who gave different opinions, prescriptions and even wanted to operate. Dr Bahgat was the only ENT who correctly said the problems he was suffering were not related to the ears and to check his jaw. The moment he said that we realised that a broken jaw at 21 and teeth grinding were the cause - not all the other rubbish we had been told. A correct diagnose has helped him live with it but he has not been able to get any further help. Anti-histamines sometimes help - not sure why. Coincidentally another friend was telling me about her tinnitus yesterday and I mentioned TMJ. She is also a teeth grinder so it fits for her too. She has also been to numerous doctors but none have mentioned TMJ. So sorry - No!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY