Pregnant before working visa issued! | ExpatWoman.com

Pregnant before working visa issued!

Latest post on 08 October 2015 - 13:59

Hi everyone

I just got an amazing job offer after searching for a while.
I am now in the middle of the hiring process and found out that I am pregnant for 2 weeks. Do I have to report it and will that lead to the cancellation of my offer, or should I keep it to myself?

How will it work with the medical?

Thank you, I don't know what to do!

:cry:

Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 08 October 2015 - 17:22
I agree with Mannikat, I think 2 weeks is very early to find out that you are pregnant and anything can happen, inshaallah is won't. I know honesty is the best policy and we should always be honest about everything, but I would not be burning my bridges at only 2 weeks. Personally, I would not say anything until at least 4-6 weeks at the very earliest. Actually, it is no one's business but yours - assuming that your potential employment is one that you can carry out successfully while pregnant.
Latest post on 08 October 2015 - 15:17
While I do agree that honest is the best policy, two weeks is extremely early in the pregnancy. In my opinion and I don't want to sound negative but I wouldn't be telling anyone at this stage as you have no idea how things will go. I would be more inclined to wait until you know the pregnancy is safe and in that case tell them asap. I wish you well on both fronts.
Latest post on 08 October 2015 - 15:13
I would still be honest. They could try and end your employment when they find out. Also if you were my employee I'm afraid I would be wondering about your honesty and trustworthiness. Sorry. If they really want you they'll keep you on and allow you to have your baby and then come back. Whatever you decide to do - Good Luck Thank you Geordie, you are probably rigt.
Latest post on 08 October 2015 - 15:04
I would still be honest. They could try and end your employment when they find out. Also if you were my employee I'm afraid I would be wondering about your honesty and trustworthiness. Sorry. If they really want you they'll keep you on and allow you to have your baby and then come back. Whatever you decide to do - Good Luck
Latest post on 08 October 2015 - 14:53
I am just transfering my companie Visa, no need for X Ray. I don't know. Can't afford to be without job.
Latest post on 08 October 2015 - 14:34
Personally I would be honest with them and tell them up front. They will definitely find out when you have to refuse the x-ray for your medical.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY