Working at Hamad Women's Hospital | ExpatWoman.com

Working at Hamad Women's Hospital

Latest post on 22 October 2015 - 21:04
Thank you both for your kind replies. They are very useful.:)
Latest post on 20 October 2015 - 10:12
I don't have experience of consultants positions at HMC but are the working hours really only 7.30-1500? I thought most clinics offered evening appointments and surely consultants must also be on call! On schools yes it is hard to get into a school but there have been a lot of redundancies recently (with more to come apparently) and so many schools suddenly have more availability than previously. The top English curriculum schools will charge 40k a month plus for anything above pre-school (much higher if your kids are secondary) and if the school allowance is 22k you will need to subsidise a lot. You also need to look at timetable for moving and contact the schools about deadlines for applications as soon as possible. I would look at the whole package offered as you're likely to have to subsidise a lot of the benefits but the base salary might be high enough to justify it. I've heard facilities at HMC are good (although I don't know how this compares to where he is at the moment) and there's also a high percentage of multiple births here (people have money so there's a lot of IVF) if that's something he's interested in. HMC is the only serious NICU in the country - when I last checked none of the private hospitals were able/allowed to deal with a labour pre-32 weeks for example.
Latest post on 19 October 2015 - 16:22
Hi, I shall try to give you some answers: 1. Excellent, it is government company, and working hours are good (7.30 -15 h), lots of free days per a year, salaries are ok, based on the position, they give house and some of the school fees (but sometimes can resemble a dinosaur, regarding organization and the way it operates, but improving). 2. since they provide a house (rent is the biggest expense here), and 22000 QR per a kid older then 5 years (British schools cost more), the salary should be sufficient for a nice life. 3. very difficult, sometimes easier to get in a school after half of the school year, around spring, since some kids leave and a place may show up...as compared to September... 4. not that I know of, but they have special rates in some banks etc (if you are taking a car loan, personal loan, buying furniture, gold...it is good to ask if they have an offer for HMC people) 5. should be easy, but may take some time, for us it was 2-3 months good luck!
Latest post on 08 October 2015 - 14:29
Hi Apparently Hamad Women's Hospital is very keen on appointing my husband as a consultant neonatologist. They want to conduct a skype interview ASAP.He is currently working in a reputable hospital in UK. I would be grateful to have answers to a few questions, if any one is working at Hamad Medical Corporation? 1. How is Hamad as an employer? 2. What is the decent salary and allowances fro a western qualified neonatologist, as I understand Doha is an expensive place to live? 3. Is it difficult to get school places?I have 2 school going children 4. Does Hamad have any reserved places in the school for its employees? 5. How easy is to get family visa and move every one together? Thank you so much for your help in advance.