Cleaning House -- Lots of Pencils/Pens/Coloring Pencils | ExpatWoman.com

Cleaning House -- Lots of Pencils/Pens/Coloring Pencils

Latest post on 10 October 2015 - 10:18

I'm doing a bit of clearing out and have amassed a gallon size bag full of perfectly good pencils -- all full size with erasers, a bundle of various colored pens (all working), and another bundle of colored pencils -- again all full size and decent quality. I hate to throw them out and want to know if any teachers here could use them or would encourage me to drop them off at a school. I don't have a clue if they would accept them. Any thoughts ladies.

Latest post on 06 February 2016 - 12:58
To beeniedubai Would it be possible to either have the direct contact details of this school in Ajman, or your contact details? We are leaving soon and have SO MUCH stationery, office-type stuff (laminator / comb binder / fax machine) and English language teaching books (higher level + IELTS). I would hate to just dump them when they can be used to help. Thanks a lot, Crocus
Latest post on 26 October 2015 - 18:24
I would like to help the school in Ajman. Who would I contact to talk about this. Thank you.
Latest post on 26 October 2015 - 17:04
theres a school in ajman completely run by the family that owns it that caters to super low income pakistani/afghani/indian families, especially trying to help the girls, who often get neglected education-wise in these communities. they fund everything themselves, and have the lowest tuition fee in the country (something like 500dhs a month!) they are always in need of resources- anything and everything is always appreciated. i am in dubai and try to send stuff up there as much as possible - if anyone is interested let me know, i'm happy to collect stuff and pass it on up. Do you have contact details for that school, I have some things they would be able to have too. :)
Latest post on 26 October 2015 - 16:47
theres a school in ajman completely run by the family that owns it that caters to super low income pakistani/afghani/indian families, especially trying to help the girls, who often get neglected education-wise in these communities. they fund everything themselves, and have the lowest tuition fee in the country (something like 500dhs a month!) they are always in need of resources- anything and everything is always appreciated. i am in dubai and try to send stuff up there as much as possible - if anyone is interested let me know, i'm happy to collect stuff and pass it on up.
Latest post on 10 October 2015 - 18:30
Mrsg, can you post the names of schools in Al Ain? I also have pens, coloured pencills, and other stationery items to give. Thanks!
Latest post on 10 October 2015 - 17:39
Thank you ladies. Because of the convenience of Kings, I'll make an effort to get by there tomorrow -- as opposed to Abu Dhabi. So happy to be able to put them to a useful purpose. I'll see what other things I can find like erasers, etc.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 10 October 2015 - 16:50
There are several community Non Profit schools in the UAE which cater for the lower income people, e.g. the Pakistani Schools. I know they would be very grateful for such donations. Their schools in Al Ain and also in Musaffa in Abu Dhabi are in great need of resources.
Latest post on 10 October 2015 - 13:42
I'm doing a bit of clearing out and have amassed a gallon size bag full of perfectly good pencils -- all full size with erasers, a bundle of various colored pens (all working), and another bundle of colored pencils -- again all full size and decent quality. I hate to throw them out and want to know if any teachers here could use them or would encourage me to drop them off at a school. I don't have a clue if they would accept them. Any thoughts ladies. Hi Norak, Am doing the exact thing atm. I know kings dubai wanting to donate pens pencils erasers notes etc for Yemen. You can drop them off to them. Last day for collection tomorrow. Hth.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY