JBR (sadaf) Ladies: is the storage room usable as a maid's room? | ExpatWoman.com

JBR (sadaf) Ladies: is the storage room usable as a maid's room?

Latest post on 10 October 2015 - 17:25

Hi ladies. I'm planning to look at some 2bed apartments in Sadaf that I'm told have a storage room. Is that room suitable to be used as a maid's room? TIA

Latest post on 12 October 2015 - 00:24
This post makes me sick, are you seriously for real? I wouldn't even put my dog in a storage room. Shame on you and anyone else who treats their nannies/maids etc like lesser people.
Latest post on 11 October 2015 - 13:43
It's a very valid point. The room with the boiler looks like a scary bedroom. I wouldn't put my maid in that room. Do you own the apartment? If you do you could possibly put up a dry wall partition somewhere to create a room for her.
Latest post on 11 October 2015 - 09:31
Those are more closets than anything else, please get an apartment with a maids room, JBR definitely has those.
Latest post on 11 October 2015 - 08:08
Does it have AC? A Bathroom? Space to breath????
Latest post on 11 October 2015 - 06:49
Of course it's not. If it was a maid's room it would've been advertised as such. A storage room won't have a bathroom or a window. Not acceptable as a maid's room in my opinion!
Latest post on 11 October 2015 - 00:33
Well, perhaps ask yourself if you would sleep in a room that is advertised as a storage room, not a bedroom, and then you might find your answer! Seriously?
Latest post on 10 October 2015 - 22:49
If you can fit a bed in the storage room it's better than a matress in the kitchen or dining room floor. How big in metres is your storage room? I wish my house had a storage room or at least a pantry.
Latest post on 10 October 2015 - 20:50
Hi ladies. I'm planning to look at some 2bed apartments in Sadaf that I'm told have a storage room. Is that room suitable to be used as a maid's room? TIA Yes... If she sleeps standing up!
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 10 October 2015 - 20:37
Depending upon the size of the room and if there is a bathroom available for her/them in the apt - it should be fine. Many maids here don't even have that. They sleep on a bedroom in the kitchen/laundry area.
Latest post on 10 October 2015 - 19:53
I actually think it is, by some.
Latest post on 10 October 2015 - 19:10
Have not seen the rooms you speak of but would say - NO! Also would not be allowed.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY